Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just one of those nights on Ebay...

When I bid on seven different 1986-87 Fleer PSA 10s, all very respectable bids at or above recent highs, and I lose every single one. Time to start collecting something with less demand... like my Brien Taylor PSA 10 Registry Set.
Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    that set has gotten much tougher over the summer

all the 10s have moved up, there was at least two people i know that started the set not that long ago

various of the 9s have also moved up, particularly some of the lower pop non-star 9s
  • Lol that's a name from the past. Brien Taylor. How about Rickey Jordan?
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Opinion only: with the exception of Jordan I don't think the 1986 F basketball set is a great long term investment. The rookie cards of the superstars excluded (bird/magic, Jordan, chamberlain, Maravich) there just isn't much demand for basketball cards in general. That set is gorgeous, rare, and iconic, but I have met very few people that collect it or have any interest in picking up anything but the Jordan
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people start with the Jordan and get hooked with the rest of the set.