Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lou Gehrig and ALSA Ice Bucket Challenge...

Hey all,

So, a lot of you have probably seen on the news (or on your Facebook and Twitter feeds) that they're a multitude of people dousing themselves with ice water in order to raise awareness and money for the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. For us baseball nuts, the bug is more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Plenty of my friends (and millions of strangers) have taken the plunge and have donated tons, and well, I wanted to contribute too.

In a few days (I'm shooting for Thursday), I will be auctioning off a 5" x 7" color study of Lou Gehrig on eBay, with 100% of proceeds going to the ALS Association.

The image I'll be creating is based on the shot below (without the signature, that is):

Anywho, if any of y'all are interested, I'll be posting some in-progress photos on this thread throughout the day tomorrow, and then a link to the auction once it goes live.

If you'd like to learn more about ALS and those it affects, be sure to check out their website:

[url]http://www.alsa.org/[/url]

Thanks for reading, and an extra 'thank you' to Leon for letting me post this.

Graig
www.graigkreindler.com
www.twitter.com/graigkreindler
www.facebook.com/graigkreindler

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Good luck. Interested to see your progress.

Lou had some great penmanship.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Graig ... that's a wonderful thing you are doing. Nice to see someone with such an amazing talent using it to help others.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    That's a great way to show support. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

My niece just posted her dousing so it's all a round me tonight.

Look forward to seeing the study. Good luck.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Great news! What's the eBay username Graig?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the support, everybody!

Here's an in-progress of the study:

I'm hoping to have it done by tonight or some time tomorrow, with the auction following soon after. I'll certainly keep y'all posted with more in-progress shots, and a link to the auction.

Patrick, my eBay user name is mouna_bowa8zaa.

Thanks for reading,

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    Annnnd, here's another update.

Just about done. Auction goes live tomorrow!

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    Hey all,

Alright, I got impatient - auction is now live.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121415964215

Thanks again, all.

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    That is beautiful Graig. Good luck.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    just checked out the completed piece on Ebay and it is amazing. The ALS foundation and winning bidder will both benefit from your artistic talents.
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be another copycat IBC.

It turned out to be something way more awesome!

Amazing talent and generosity, Graig... good luck with the auction!

Snorto~
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thank you so much, everybody. I very much appreciate the well-wishes and the bids. It would most certainly be wonderful to see this horrible disease get wiped out in our lifetime.

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    This looks great!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Graig ... amazing as usual! Best of luck. Man, you are making me feel old ... Born in 1980? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Graig. Charity art auction/donations are always a good thing, enjoy doing them myself.

And this is the only ice bucket thing I can stand behind.
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    It's looking even better at 1980!
    Bob
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to mention that the auction for the Lou Gehrig color study to benefit the ALS Association has less than nine hours left to it.

I had tried to add some information to the auction today, but like an idiot, I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to do so with less than 12 hours left. Argh. So, I thought I'd at least provide that here.

The new photo I added to the auction a few days back is what I got back from my photographers, so it's a lot clearer and sharper.

I also scanned the back, which I signed, as well as included a quote from Sam Jones, which I thought pretty much summed it up: "Lou was the kind of boy that if you had a son, he's the kind of person you'd like your son to be." A truly lovely sentiment, in my opinion.

Anywho, thank you so much for even considering bidding on the auction (not to mention sharing with your friends) for such a great cause. I certainly appreciate it more than I can express, and so does the ALSA and those stricken by the horrible bug.

Thanks for reading and participating!

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    All I can say is WOW! You are a very talented individual and I really "Thank You" for what you are doing and your contribution to defeat ALS. I also like the professional approach you took to promote this effort - sincere and in no way self serving. Great job!

Jim
  • Options
    Aww, thank you so much for those kind words, Jim.

I'm absolutely amazed and humbled at how well the painting has done so far - I just really hope it can do some good for the ALS Association.

Graig
    www.graigkreindler.com
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    Great job Graig!
    Bob