Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

White Plains Show

Another disappointment. Left with my usual stack of 25 nice 1972-1976 commons. Picked up a PSA 9 1978 Yanks team card because I was desperate to buy something nice.

Unopened report: 75 mini cello box for sale for $3500. 1978 cellos at $55. 79 cellos at $40.

Not much else of note.

Comments

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I considered attending, but decided against it. I may attend the Long Island National in October instead. I am currently in the market for a PSA 9 1978 Topps New York Yankees CL card. The one that I was watching on eBay was sold recently. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    I was a little disappointed with the last show I went to last weekend as well. The quality just wasn't there. Also the room where the show is at feels a little bit too congested. I am not a fan of cards that are stacked on other cards in the showcases. So there may be something that I am interested in yet it could be underneath a pile of other graded cards. I desperately want to buy something nice as well but I have sometimes ended up going home with say ... a wax box of 1986 Topps and well ...you know how those always turn out. lol
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dave,

Have not been to the WP show since Gloria was running it. Have thought about it a few times, but the more I read about that show the happier I am that I don't make the trip! Sorry you could not find much.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when the show isn't great, it's still fun to dig up some nice cards cheap. I always seem to find something worthwhile no matter how bad the show seems at first. For $55 I came away with 23 cards from 1972-1976. Here are some examples of the quality. All surefire 8's with many potential 9's. I can't be too disappointed!

• Options
    Very nice cards Paul Maul. They make me want to attend a show.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Dave ... some pretty sweet cards you got.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It takes a lot of searching. I actually enjoy trying to find the few needles in the haystack of junk!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    78 and 79 cello prices are pretty nice!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Any one else pick anything up?
  • Options
    Wow no one else picked up anything... that show must have been really bad. image
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow no one else picked up anything... that show must have been really bad. image >>

I'm going to go to the Hofstra show in October, hopefully it will be better than the last time I went.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I heard it was a very good show ....dealers said sales were strong
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options

<< <i>I heard it was a very good show ....dealers said sales were strong >>

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. It's a fine show if you're looking to fill out mid grade sets and/or are interested in autographs. If you are a collector of '60's and '70's PSA and/or unopened material, forget it.
  • Options

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. It's a fine show if you're looking to fill out mid grade sets and/or are interested in autographs. If you are a collector of '60's and '70's PSA and/or unopened material, forget it.

yup that's what I would have been looking for. Glad I didn't go this time I guess.
    I will try and make the next one.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm going to go to the Hofstra show in October, hopefully it will be better than the last time I went. >>

I will be attending the Long Island National as well.