Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best place to buy PSA/DNA Graded Baseballs

Who's the best (cheapest) dealer of PSA/DNA Graded Baseballs?

I noticed these balls are selling for less on eBay than you can buy them direct from the player at a show - PLUS the cost of grading and the cost of the ball! Without getting too specific, you can buy a ball on eBay for $69 (the exact same price of an autograph ticket)... if you get the ball yourself, you have to pay for grading fees ($20), the cost of a ball, the cost of shipping the ball to-and-from PSA, the cost of gas to-and-from the show, the time to wait in line, etc. The only benefit is you get to meet the player for 3-5 seconds!
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Your not going to find prices cheaper than eBay. A dealer (at show or on website) isn't likely to sell for less than eBay.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I agree, ebay is about the cheapest. Take a look at the national card show and see what players are asking for an autographed ball and then check out the prices on the bay.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who's the best (cheapest) dealer of PSA/DNA Graded Baseballs?

I noticed these balls are selling for less on eBay than you can buy them direct from the player at a show - PLUS the cost of grading and the cost of the ball! Without getting too specific, you can buy a ball on eBay for $69 (the exact same price of an autograph ticket)... if you get the ball yourself, you have to pay for grading fees ($20), the cost of a ball, the cost of shipping the ball to-and-from PSA, the cost of gas to-and-from the show, the time to wait in line, etc. The only benefit is you get to meet the player for 3-5 seconds! >>

Yes, you are paying a premium to meet the player and to know without a shadow of a doubt that the autograph is legitimate. For instance, I have many autographs that I acquired in person years ago. I haven't gotten them authenticated (because they didn't do that back then) and I am not looking to sell them anytime soon. If I send them to PSA/DNA their graders may deem them to be authentic or otherwise. Graders are not perfect, we all take a leap of faith accepting that what they say is fact. The reality is that grading comes down to an opinion; an educated opinion to be sure, but still an opinion. For the most part, I am willing to accept the expert opinions of graders when it comes to authentication. I do understand why getting the autograph in person could cost more.

Getting back to your original point. I do think the deals found on eBay for already authenticated autographs are a way better deal than in person signing.
    Steve
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Ebay seller khw has a huge selection of PSA/DNA items including lots of baseballs. Just don't email them and hold your breath while waiting for a reply.
  • RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Canton and Copper still around? They always had a very nice selections of PSA graded baseballs. They are very reasonable.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Find an autographed baseball that has been authenticated by PSA/DNA on eBay that is not only within your price range but also gives an appearance that you are happy with. Just make sure that you verify the baseball's authenticity by entering the certification number into their database. I have provided the link for you below. Good luck Llafoe. Keep us posted.

PSA/DNA Cert Verification
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Personally, I feel that the money paid to get autos at card shows is worth it for the experience. Perhaps we have been fortunate but we have had great experiences when my wife, kids and I have met Willie Mays, Cal Ripken Jr., Ernie Banks, Lou Brock, Jerry Rice, Andre Dawson to name a few. Have I spent a lot of money, yes, but I have video and pics with my family surrounded by what I consider to be greatness. To each his/her own though.
    Matt
    Looking for post-war hof rc's, raw or graded.
    Successful dealings: grote15, wilkiebaby11, BPorter26 and gregmo32.