Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2014 Topps Dynasty Baseball Cards

I am actually considering saving my pennies for November in order to purchase one of these cards. Either that, or I will simply have to ask Santa Claus to bring me one for Christmas. Any thoughts about the product?

2014 Topps Dynasty Baseball Cards
"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Mikey ... at $200.00+ a pop, I'd want to see a complete checklist before spending any money on it. Probably too many $10.00 cards in those boxes! NO WAY they get my money, but if you save up your shekels or Santa brings you one ... best of luck. And please post what you get.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I will certainly wait for a checklist, and I will definitely post an image of what I get, if in fact I do purchase one. Thanks D. Bone.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Presenting what it calls “the most carefully curated subject list in trading card history” and the “most-premium Topps product of all time,” Topps released on Friday the basic information and first looks at its latest high-end baseball card brand.

It’s 2014 Topps Dynasty, and it will arrive on Nov. 19 with every card limited to 10 or fewer copies, every card encased and with every card featuring an autograph. There will be one card per box and only five boxes per case with a factory (hobby direct) cost of more than $200 per box.

Classic!

One card, good luck!

Every Topps sell sheet showcases the Babe Ruth 1/1 or whatever the most sought after cards in the print run....

Just better have another $200 ready when yours is .......
  • Options
    They tried with football and failed in 2006 with Paradigm.They got it right, IMO with 2010 Five Star. I looked at last years Five Star BB and wasnt very happy with it. With no checklist and the "50 Greatest" 1 of 1 cuts, it would be tough getting a Duke Snider or Andre Dawson cut auto in a $200 box.
  • Options

Exactly. I would hate to find myself saying... "Finally, after opening four boxes, I got a David Price auto relic 5/10., I can stop now"

• Options
    I totally understand Mick. I was not born into this hobby yesterday. I just think that it will be a fun purchase if I can scrape the money together. I will certainly not purchase more than one card, and I can only hope that Topps will only include autograph cards that I will be happy with pulling as a fan of MLB.
  • Options

Oh, that was not directed towards you, MikeyP.

Just general cynicism towards Topps. And I didn't know this set was coming out until you posted the thread. It caught my attention.

If anyone is opening this product I would really like to see the scans.

Just seems like a big gamble. Fun to open a case though.

And actually when you think about it, you could spend a grand on a case or case and a half, get 12-18 boxes, tons of cards that eat up a lot of space in a closet, and a couple of autos and a half dozen relics.

Here you get the "Mega Hit", without all commons.

• Options

<< <i>And actually when you think about it, you could spend a grand on a case or case and a half, get 12-18 boxes, tons of cards that eat up a lot of space in a closet, and a couple of autos and a half dozen relics.

Here you get the "Mega Hit", without all commons. >>

That is exactly the way that I feel about it. Thanks Mick. I will definitely post an image if I purchase one.

• Options
    What are your opinions regarding the 2014 Topps Five Star product? It is currently scheduled to be released in December. Would it be a better investment?
  • Options
    It looks like there will be four different types of cards that a collector will have a chance of pulling in this product.

2014 Topps Dynasty Baseball Set

Autographed Patches Set
    Serial Numbered #/10
    PARALLEL CARDS: Parallel 1/1

Autographed Dual Relic Greats Set
    Serial Numbered #/5

Cut Signatures Set
    Serial Numbered 1/1

Cut Signatures Dual Relic Legends Set
    Serial Numbered 1/1

I still have not seen a checklist.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw some of the designs of the cards and they do look very nice. If I understand it, the only critique I had on the product is that though everything is numbered out of 10, there is a green out of 10, a red out of 10, gold out of 10, etc. for each player in the checklist. I'm a gambler at heart when it comes to new product so I will likely try one. Good luck if you decide to go for it!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Good luck to you too Yankees Man.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I guess it would equate to buying an expensive lottery ticket. If you hit one of the 50 1of1 cut autos you've hit something worthwhile.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball