Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pack submission @ 3 months and counting

Submitted 3 packs and logged in on 4/21 and now is at business day 64. I called and they said that packs are going past 55 days. I guess they walked the packs out to BBCE and are in the process of walking them back. LOL! With the 2 weeks it took to log them in we are at 14 weeks total.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last pack sub took a full 3 months. They often take longer than card subs due to being shipped back and forth to and from Steve prior to grading and holdering at PSA.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Well, if there is one good thing to come out of PSA not
    accepting many wax packs anymore, it could be a faster
    turnaround for the packs they do accept. We'll see.

Just looking for a silver lining. image

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Ugh!! Not what I was hoping to hear. I picked up some 81, 82, and 83 baseball packs today and was planning to submit.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Ugh!! Not what I was hoping to hear. I picked up some 81, 82, and 83 baseball packs today and was planning to submit. >>

If you do decide to submit wax packs, David, make sure gum is not broken or loose in the pack, as PSA will no longer holder wax packs in which gum is mobile due to potential damage caused by the gum tearing the wrapper of the pack in transit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Tim. I will go thru them this week and see what they are like. I think the gum is fairly loose in all of the packs so they may not be good candidates.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    The 3 packs I submitted were straight from a wax box of 1985 Topps hockey. All the gum was firm/unbroken on the front of the pack and the seal was very tight on the back. I'll post pictures when I get them back.
  • Options
    business day #67
  • Options
    Topgun6580Topgun6580 Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Sent 7 packs that were logged in on 4/18 still no poppage!

Last time I sent in packs they popped right as the new rule went into effect. That sub took 61 biz days.

We are actually at 64 biz days today. Not that it matters still late.
  • Options
    These long wait we are all dealing with is completely unacceptable and ridiculous! If PSA is this short hander then they need to hire additional staff! I bet 4SC doesn't wait this long!!!
  • Options
    I totally agree with you. If you advertise 55 (approx) days for a service then at least be close. If you can not meet your service level then hire help. We are already over 65 days with the National looming we might not get them at all until September.
  • Options
    Packs take longer than cards due to being shipped back and forth from Steve. I guess my June sub isn't going to pop anytime soon, lol..

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Packs take longer than cards due to being shipped back and forth from Steve. I guess my June sub isn't going to pop anytime soon, lol.. >>

January 2015
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Packs take longer than cards due to being shipped back and forth from Steve. I guess my June sub isn't going to pop anytime soon, lol.. >>

January 2015 >>

LOL...Actually, I may have caught the wave at the right time, as pack subs typically pop in bunches as packs are held till a large group is amassed and then they are shipped to PSA for grading.

• Options

<< <i>These long wait we are all dealing with is completely unacceptable and ridiculous! If PSA is this short hander then they need to hire additional staff! I bet 4SC doesn't wait this long!!! >>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DAY 70.....................
  • Options
    Topgun6580Topgun6580 Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Day 67 for me. What kind of packs did you submit?
  • Options
    (3) 1985 Topps hockey packs fresh from a box. I am at the point that I will never submit any packs again! I love PSA for card grading but I do not love this service. It needs over hauled.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(3) 1985 Topps hockey packs fresh from a box. I am at the point that I will never submit any packs again! I love PSA for card grading but I do not love this service. It needs over hauled. >>

I'm not sure PSA would see this as a negative statement.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    You guys ever get your grades? I'm on day 60 image
  • Options
    Nope. I am on biz day 76
  • Options
    I am still waiting. Business day #76. This service needs an overhaul... Think of all the things that have gone on in your life in the 4 months since they were logged in. I bet they do a quarterly pack grading day once every 4 months..
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have a few packs of 86-87 Fleer Basketball........Cant sell em for true value unless graded. Dont understand why PSA doesnt allow you to send them directly to BBCE and then have them sent to PSA for registry information and encapsulation. Might cut down on the time
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting. Business day #76

Every time you post, PSA throws your box to the back of the line. LOL

Just kidding of course....image
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Business day #78 and counting. Refund please!!!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many submissions never get sent it due to the slow turnaround time. I'm pretty patient and not waiting on grading to resell, but I've held back on a few hundred cards over the last few years because they are so incredibly slow. I've got a stack of free vouchers that are going to sit unused because I'd rather just not bother than have something out for months.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I kissed my packs goodbye at the National. I asked them to write to me while they are away to let me know how PSA camp is. Do you want me to see if they can bust your packs out of there Todd? image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    CPAMike what do you mean by that?

I am on the same biz day schedule as Todd. I only sent one order in the past and it took 62 days but 79 is getting crazy. What exactly is the hold up on this process? I am not exactly sure how they do this now. I sent in 2 89 donruss cellos with Griffey showing on front, 1 88 topps cello with Glavine showing, 5 91 bowman wax with chipper on the back and 1 91 bowman with IVan Rod on back so its not like these are vintage packs. Does that have anything to do with it?

-Marc
  • Options
    I was just lighting things up with my post. I definitely feel Todd's frustration and that is too long imo to wait for packs to be graded.

When I submit, I am expecting a long wait these days. The types of packs submitted shouldn't have any bearing on the speed of grading the packs. My guess, it is only a guess and not an excuse for it, is that Steve was busy getting product for the National and there is now a backlog of packs to be authenticated. I'm hoping that since the National is over, he will be able to authenticate packs on a more frequent basis.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Okay so I guess thats were I missed something. I didn't realize steve was the one who grades/authenticates the packs.
  • Options
    I bet our packs feel like the characters on Toy story 3. Trying to bust out and some monkey will not let them. Ha ha. I look at it like this. If I were to go the post office and pay for overnight service they would provide that service. My wife just bought my daughter a penny board skateboard and she paid for next day service. It did not come for 3 days. She called the company and they refunded her the shipping fee. In this day and age people do not want to wait for 4 months for a service that you paid for to be much less. And, if that is the case let the customer know that there is a delay and why! In business its all about continuous improvement not continuously disappointing us.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I think it is sort of ridiculous that Steve hart grades and authenticates every pack.
    And it seems terribly inefficient to ship them all to him, wait until he has some free time to grade.
    Why can't PSA train a couple graders to specialize in pack authentication at Newport Beach???
  • Options

<< <i>I bet our packs feel like the characters on Toy story 3. Trying to bust out and some monkey will not let them. >>

Great visual. If you recall, it used to be 45 day turnaround on packs and most of the time it took that amount of days. Now they've upped that number to 55 days iirc and it seems that it takes on average even longer than that. Maybe they are getting more packs to grade with the run up of unopened prices, but either way PSA will need to look to at ways to cut down on the current timeframe.

Collecting:
  • Options
    I talked with Steve Hart about the pack grading and authentication process a few months back. He said that he only authenticates the packs while PSA grades them. The same concept as cards pretty much with a lot of attention on the corner wear of the packs, they look for tares and rips on the edges and corners. Good luck with the packs you guys submitted and post results when they become available...
  • Options
    talked to custmer service today at business day #80. They said, possibly next week thery are scheduled to review grade and ship those packs eligible. Imagine if you waited 4 months to be told your packs are no good! It looks like we will be around 90 business days if submitted on 4/21/14. Good luck to those with packs...
  • Options

<< <i>talked to custmer service today at business day #80. They said, possibly next week thery are scheduled to review grade and ship those packs eligible. Imagine if you waited 4 months to be told your packs are no good! It looks like we will be around 90 business days if submitted on 4/21/14. Good luck to those with packs... >>

Packs typically pop in bunches so there should be a lot of poppage for packs then over several days next week.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    this is making me vomit. I have a sub on 6/08/14. every morning been the same routine: drink my coffee, check on this sub, bowel movement.

experienced pack submitters: shoot me my realistic realization date, pls. (yes, factor in the week of national)
  • Options
    Todd, so let me get this straight they basically said maybe next week?

My order was logged in 4/18. Yikes!! So lets say mine popped 8/18 thats 88 business days. Whoa!
  • Options
    Yep, I called and said at what point are you going to let us know what is going on. 55 day sub and we are at day 80 or so. He was very polite and put me on hold. When he came back he said next week was the goal and it might be a bit earlier. Just imagine if they decline the packs after 4 months of having them. I'll post my results when I get them. good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck Todd. I hope you get a PSA 10 after waiting so long. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    I was logged in 4/23 with 16 packs after about 2 weeks in the the hole just sitting there. They did give me $28 to put towards my next submission which is due in 10 days lol 😬 Anyone know how close they are to new holder? Having to wait 4 months just to get a "no holder"..ain't cool!
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this is making me vomit. I have a sub on 6/08/14. every morning been the same routine: drink my coffee, check on this sub, bowel movement.

experienced pack submitters: shoot me my realistic realization date, pls. (yes, factor in the week of national) >>

Yes submitting packs is a masacistic game, but what else are you going to do? It takes forever and some beyond their published expected times and then they also reject a lot of gum wax these days too. That was done as a surprise to those who had been submitting these packs routinely for a long time too at least with this submission hopefully you are aware of those surprises.

So my advice is send in your cellos and non gum wax and forget about them. It usually takes 3 calendar months, but don't be shocked if it hits 4. Yes this is one of the longer ones, but I've waited 3 months just to get back a mis labeled pack which takes another couple to fix.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    84 business days today. WOW!!!! a new record. Packs have been gone 4 months.
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I feel the pain. I mailed out my packs on 4/17 and they were finally inputted into the system on 4/29. Spoke to a girl at PSA last week and she gave me the same "should be finished in 2 weeks" talk. So I'll probably give them a call at the end of next week if there still isn't any news.
  • Options
    Anyone else wondering if the delay is related to the rumor of the new holders? Perhaps they decided to delay a large set of orders and use them as the first group for the new holder?
  • Options
    I am on biz day 86. Would they really make me/us wait 30+ days just for a new holder? I for one, sure hope not! Either way, I don't even care anymore at this point. I am not even sure my packs will be graded but what I am sure of, I will never be subbing packs again! A couple of these bad boys were supposed to be awesome bday gifts for a couple family members but that was way back in the 70's biz day era. Guess they will have to wait until Xmas!
  • Options
    The bottom line in this is, if your a business owner and your customers are not happy, you must fixed the issue. First, you advertise this service as a 55 day service level give or take. Not 35 additional business days and still no word on when they will be done.
    Once the 55 days have been surpassed by even 10 days let the customer know via email what the delay is. I get at least 1 email a week from PSA for advertising so why can they not update you on your submission?
    Recently, almost every day I see 30 day or 50 day submissions that pop in half the time. I was told by PSA that the card graders also grade the packs so that is not the issue. I feel I am not getting what I paid for. I love every service that PSA offers but this one. It needs an overhaul.... I totally agree, I will not ever send in packs again. Good luck with your packs
  • Options

<< <i>The bottom line in this is, if your a business owner and your customers are not happy, you must fixed the issue. First, you advertise this service as a 55 day service level give or take. Not 35 additional business days and still no word on when they will be done.
    Once the 55 days have been surpassed by even 10 days let the customer know via email what the delay is. I get at least 1 email a week from PSA for advertising so why can they not update you on your submission?
    Recently, almost every day I see 30 day or 50 day submissions that pop in half the time. I was told by PSA that the card graders also grade the packs so that is not the issue. I feel I am not getting what I paid for. I love every service that PSA offers but this one. It needs an overhaul.... I totally agree, I will not ever send in packs again. Good luck with your packs >>

Yes the PSA graders also grade the packs, I don't think that is what the underlying issue is. Steve Hart (I think I spelled his name correctly)...the guy who runs the baseball card exchange....he is the critical path when it comes to grading packs from PSA. We ship our orders to PSA...they input it into the system and then repack up and ship the packs to Steve Hart (Indiana?). He then authenticates the packs and then mails them back to PSA. Once back in PSA's hands they will actually grade the packs if they are authentic. So that's why there is a huge delay, it's Mr. Hart's side. I bet he's just been swamped with National and other odds and ends. Still no excuse for the SUPER slow turn around time....but I'm willing to bet that's the bottleneck.

In a perfect world, PSA would just have Mr. Hart fly in for a week or however long and train some staff at PSA to authenticate the packs. But then again, he would essentially be training his replacements, haha. But from PSA's perspective...they REALLY need to do something about this. Either fix the problem or no longer offer pack grading
  • Options
    Mine popped today. 81 business days.

I see other people are having their packs pop today as well. Looks like they are all hitting at once. haha.

Is anyone going to call and complain and see what PSA will give as compensation for our super long waits?
  • Options
    If they haven't done anything yet about it, they never will. I know I called a few times myself and never got a real explanation. It's like the elephant in the room but they can not see it!!! Good luck if you call but I do not expect anything from them since they have totally ignored the issue.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    PSA pack grading time = # of advertised days/2 + (# of threads complaining about length of time of grading + # of posts by OP in each thread)**2