Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2014 CU Fantasy Football - Year 4 (CONGRATS TO PORKINS!!!)

Hey guys,

It's that time of year again. I've listed below the guys that participated last year. If you can let me know if you want to participate this year, please reply here and/or PM me by Thursday, July 17th and I'll send the invite out to you. If you are using a different email address than last year, please PM that to me as well.

League A Teams:
1. CPAMike's Marauders (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid
2. artistlost - Confirmed & Paid
3. Grote15 - Confirmed & Paid
4. BigRedMachine - Confirmed & Paid
5. wrestlingcardking - Confirmed & Paid
6. mknez - Confirmed & Paid
7. Hammered - Confirmed & Paid
8. abcoltsfan - Confirmed & Paid
9. kidzfund - Confirmed & Paid
10. Corvette1340 - Confirmed & Paid
11. jeffcbay - Confirmed & Paid
12. Porkins - Confirmed & Paid
13. Cubby - Confirmed & Paid
14. cincyredlegs - Confirmed & Paid

League B Teams:
1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) CONFIRMED PAID
2) baz518 CONFIRMED PAID
3) Ripkenfan126 CONFIRMED PAID
4) BostonAmericans CONFIRMED PAID
5) CocaBeachDodgers CONFIRMED PAID
6) Cakes CONFIRMED PAID
7) EAsports CONFIRMED PAID
8) vintagefun CONFIRMED PAID
9) SidePocket CONFIRMED PAID
10) MrKnowthanx CONFIRMED PAID
11) Baez578 CONFIRMED PAID
12) gameusedhoop CONFIRMED PAID
13) AC000000 CONFIRMED PAID
14) slum22 CONFIRMED PAID

Alternates for both leagues if anyone backs out:

1) ajezove PMed Brendan on July 13th at 8:32pm
2) MrG PMed Mike on July 14th at 1:45pm
3) 1980scollector posted to this thread July 14th at 9:53pm

Cost will be $40 and payment needs to be sent to me via Paypal Family and Friends by Sunday, July 20th so I have enough time to add any teams if necessary before our draft.

Prizes will be as follows:
Overall Champion - $320
1st place (Championship Loser) - $240
2nd place (Each League) - $160
3rd place (Each League) - $80
4th place (Each League) - $40

Draft Information
Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sunday, August 10th 10:00pm EDT

Significant League Settings
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Trade End Date: November 14, 2014
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers: Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 16 to Dec 22
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Based on the feedback received, please note the following changes for this year.

WAIVER RULES

There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections.

PLAYOFFS

6 Team Playoff (Weeks 14, 15 and 16):
Week 14 - #3 seed vs. #6 seed and #4 seed vs. #5 seed (Top 2 seeds have a bye)
Week 15 - Week 14 winners vs. top 2 seeds
Week 16 - Week 15 winners play for the championship

MEGALEAGUE PLAYOFF

Champion between the two leagues is determined using the final Week 16 results

SCORING

We have changed the league settings to fractional points.

Looking forward to another great season!!!

EDITED TO ADD CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTERS AND POINTS SO FAR...

League A - CPAMike's Maurauders 8-5-0 | 5th - Final Point Total 146.94

Peyton Manning Den - QB | 16.44 pts.
A.J. Green Cin - WR | 0.00 pts.
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR | 34.80 pts.
Mark Ingram NO - RB | 14.50 pts.
Jonathan Stewart Car - RB | 20.90 pts.
Rob Gronkowski NE - TE | 15.10 pts.
Antonio Gates SD - TE | 28.20 pts.
Matt Prater Det - K | 8.00 pts.
Carolina Car - DEF | 9.00 pts.

League A - Porkins 8-5-0 | 2nd - Final Point Total 148.54

Philip Rivers SD - QB | 27.24 pts.
Golden Tate Det - WR | 11.20 pts.
Julio Jones Atl - WR | 17.70 pts.
DeMarco Murray Dal - RB | 11.80 pts.
Matt Asiata Min - RB | 24.70 pts.
Heath Miller Pit - TE | 13.80 pts.
Randall Cobb GB - WR | 24.10 pts.
Mason Crosby GB - K | 9.00 pts.
Denver Den - DEF | 9.00 pts.

League B - TEAM USSR (Brendan) 10-3-0 | 3rd - Final Point Total 90.56

Andrew Luck Ind - QB | 2.36 pts.
Demarius Thomas Den - WR | 18.50 pts.
Randall Cobb GB - WR | 24.10 pts.
Le'Veon Bell Pit - RB | 14.20 pts.
Danie Herron Ind - RB | 7.00 pts.
Owen Daniels Bal - TE | 1.70 pts.
Kelvin Benjamin Car - WR | 9.70 pts.
Connor Barth Den - K | 4.00 pts.
Carolina Car - DEF | 9.00 pts.

League B - CocoaBeach Dodger$ 11-2-0 | 1st - Final Point Total 125.58

Matt Ryan Atl - QB | 17.58 pts.
Julio Jones Atl - WR | 17.70 pts.
Kenny Stills NO - WR | 12.80 pts.
Matt Forte Chi - RB | 21.50 pts.
Mark Ingram NO - RB | 14.50 pts.
Heath Miller Pit - TE | 13.80 pts.
Jeio Bell Det - RB | 16.70 pts.
Dan Bailey Dal - K | 6.00 pts.
Detroit Det - DEF | 5.00 pts.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike,

If anyone backs out, I will take a spot.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike,

Also interested in playing if someone backs out.

Brendan
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here Mike... if any slots are left open.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    i'll be back, thanks!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In like Flynn!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • If you had any extra spots I would love to join this year also.

Thanks

Barry
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Please add me to the waiting list also, Mike.
    With all the apparent interest there could be the original league and then another if someone wants to take charge of it....plenty of time to organize it.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With all the apparent interest there could be the original league and then another if someone wants to take charge of it....plenty of time to organize it. >>

I was thinking the same thing. If no one wants to run another league and we get enough interest, I'd be willing to run a second league. Just don't tell my wife. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The 2013 Champ shall return this year... I'm good with either $25 or $50.
  • Id be willing to either take an open slot (should there be that many) or join the second league.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again
    Thanks Mike
  • If there is an opening, I would love to take your money, I mean play!!!!image
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in for a spot or for a second league.

BTW this looks like a Yahoo league, could you confirm?

Thanks,

BC
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again. And I'm find with $25 or $50.

Just please don't add more teams to the current league!! 14 is plenty!!!

Shawn
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

As either waiting list for this league - or for a second league.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • 2 leagues might be better when you have 14 teams in one league the drafting does get tougher.

Just curious which site do you use?
    Espn, nfl, yahoo....?!?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yahoo!
    I like the 14 team format. Perhaps six teams can make the playoffs with the top two seeds getting a bye and we can have a schedule of playing each team once and have our super bowl week 16.
    I would be willing to run the 2nd league if everyone was okay with it being on Yahoo.

I run two leagues over on the CGC forums also on Yahoo so if everything is kept together makes it a little bit easier for me as commish.

-Brendan
  • vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I'd be in for 2nd league.

Getting creative...

What if it was 2 14 team leagues, with same rules, going 16 weeks, with 4 teams to playoffs in each...and in week 17 the 2 Champs play and we score manually.

With 28 total teams at 50 each, that's 1400 in the pool.

Pay out 550 to each leagues top 4 (1100 total)
    1: 250
    2: 150
    3: 100
    4: 50

With the remaining 300 paid out to the week 17 winner.

Is that just crazy talk?

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

<< <i>I like the 14 team format. Perhaps six teams can make the playoffs with the top two seeds getting a bye and we can have a schedule of playing each team once and have our super bowl week 16. >>

I like this idea, as it will mean more teams in contention and will reward a strong regular season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again, look forward to it.

I also like WCK's idea fwiw, and don't have a preference whether we do 25 or 50.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Brendan, I'd be up for another league on Yahoo.

"Molon Labe"

Anybody who is interested then in a 2nd league please PM me your email info so I could start to organize the league. Don't know if we can get another 14 teams but I figure we can get at least 10 or 12 teams.

I will start a separate thread once the PMs start to come in.

vintagefun I like the idea of some sort of super league combining the 2, just not a big fan of having week 17 be worth much of anything.
  • abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I am in again for whatever format is agreed as long as the buy in doesn't go above $50. Thanks!

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I'm in again. I like the 6 team playoff idea, would prefer $25, but if the majority want 50 I would do that.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Id be in for a second team on yahoo and also would prefer $25 if possible.
    I sent out invites to everyone who was in the league last year and responded that they were returning to seek revenge on Jeff. image Once I see that you have joined the league, I will change your status to confirmed.

Based on the responses thus far, it does not seem that there is much of a difference between keeping the fee at $25 or moving it up to $50 so we'll compromise and make it $41 in honor of Tom Seaver. I kid, I kid, we'll make it $40. I edited the initial post to reflect the $40 fee.

Collecting:
    Brendan, thanks for stepping up to run the 2nd league. It looks like 12 guys are interested in getting in this league so even if I have a couple of openings, I would think we'll have no trouble filling a second league of 14 teams.

I like Rob's idea as well. I started a list in the initial post to keep a tally of what everyone prefers.

I also like vintagefun's crazy talk. What I would suggest is having the two league champion teams stats for Week 16 compared to each other in order to determine the ultimate winner. This would require the same rules to be applied to both leagues though especially for scoring. Our league has historically been a PPR league which I personally like, but I know other guys like different scoring methods so this I believe would be the biggest drawback.

Collecting:
  • I've got to back for this year Mike. I played in too many leagues last year and just spread myself a bit thin. Sorry!
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!

<< <i>I've got to back for this year Mike. I played in too many leagues last year and just spread myself a bit thin. Sorry! >>

No problem Don. Thanks for letting me know so quickly and it was great having you in the league last year. Good luck in your other leagues!!!

Collecting:

<< <i>Brendan, thanks for stepping up to run the 2nd league. It looks like 12 guys are interested in getting in this league so even if I have a couple of openings, I would think we'll have no trouble filling a second league of 14 teams.

I like Rob's idea as well. I started a list in the initial post to keep a tally of what everyone prefers.

I also like vintagefun's crazy talk. What I would suggest is having the two league champion teams stats for Week 16 compared to each other in order to determine the ultimate winner. This would require the same rules to be applied to both leagues though especially for scoring. Our league has historically been a PPR league which I personally like, but I know other guys like different scoring methods so this I believe would be the biggest drawback. >>

PPR is the only way to go, I always go a full 1 point PPR style in the leagues I usually run.

How do you handle scoring for say QBs? I know some leagues do 4 pts or 6 pts and then either 1 pt per 20 yards or 25 yards.

I like the idea of doing the week 16 top scorer is the ultimate winner instead of rolling into week 17. I hate week 17 for leagues since it never fails one of the strongest teams ends up with a few players sitting that final week since their NFL team has nothing to gain from them playing.

<< <i>

<< <i>Brendan, thanks for stepping up to run the 2nd league. It looks like 12 guys are interested in getting in this league so even if I have a couple of openings, I would think we'll have no trouble filling a second league of 14 teams.

I also like vintagefun's crazy talk. What I would suggest is having the two league champion teams stats for Week 16 compared to each other in order to determine the ultimate winner. This would require the same rules to be applied to both leagues though especially for scoring. Our league has historically been a PPR league which I personally like, but I know other guys like different scoring methods so this I believe would be the biggest drawback. >>

PPR is the only way to go, I always go a full 1 point PPR style in the leagues I usually run.

How do you handle scoring for say QBs? I know some leagues do 4 pts or 6 pts and then either 1 pt per 20 yards or 25 yards.

I like the idea of doing the week 16 top scorer is the ultimate winner instead of rolling into week 17. I hate week 17 for leagues since it never fails one of the strongest teams ends up with a few players sitting that final week since their NFL team has nothing to gain from them playing. >>

We do 4 pts. per passing TD and 6 pts. per rushing TD and 1 pt. per 25 yards. I can PM you all our scoring and see if it works for you. I've got only 3 teams left to respond and we still have 11 guys who posted interest here so I would think you could easily fill the second league.

Collecting:

<< <i>I'm in again, look forward to it.

I also like WCK's idea fwiw, and don't have a preference whether we do 25 or 50. >>

I finally have an idea people seem to like LOL..... will be a good time again. Looking forward to it!

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm in again, look forward to it.

I also like WCK's idea fwiw, and don't have a preference whether we do 25 or 50. >>

I finally have an idea people seem to like LOL..... will be a good time again. Looking forward to it! >>

Looks like a winning idea to me, only need 3 more votes to ratify, LOL.

Collecting:
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Room for one more? image

<< <i>Room for one more? image >>

Definitely room in the second league Brendan will be organizing. I believe you make number 12 Dave assuming the last 3 teams from the original league return.

Collecting:
    Anyone interested in the 2nd league please PM me. Are we all in agreement to make this a $50 buy in and have part of the money from both leagues go towards the top scoring winning team from the finals in week 16?

So far I have received PMs from about 6 board members, I will start the separate thread later tonight when I get home from work.

Mike, what do you think is the best option to make sure we can each see the other league? Some sort of co-manager setup or can we somehow co-commish without having a team in both leagues?
    I personally think our $40 option was a good compromise but I am not too keen on the super league idea at the end....just seems to me that there are too many different variables......
    I'll check tonight, but I think we may be able to co-commish. As far as the buy-in, we had some guys who voted for the $25 fee so I changed it to $40 instead of $50. We can talk about the payoff structure with that amount.

I've listed everyone who replied to this thread after Brendan as well as PM's I received below. If you guys can PM Brendan to confirm, that would be great.

1) brendanb438
    2) baz518
    3) Ripkenfan126
    4) jmaciu
    5) BostonAmericans
    6) CocaBeachDodgers
    7) Cakes
    8) EAsports
    9) vintagefun
    10) SidePocket
    11) MrKnowthanx
    12) Baez578
    13) gameusedhoop

Only one spot left unless Brendan got a PM from someone not on this list.

Collecting:
    AC0000000 would have the last spot he PM me yesterday.

$40 as a buy in works for me.

If anyone is against the idea of some sort of top champion out of both leagues to get a little bit extra then are we back at just doing each league separately?
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Brendan and Mike,

If anyone drops out, let me know and I would like a spot .

Thanks,

Steve

Edited: to correct iPhone auto spell
    Steve

<< <i>AC0000000 would have the last spot he PM me yesterday.

$40 as a buy in works for me.

If anyone is against the idea of some sort of top champion out of both leagues to get a little bit extra then are we back at just doing each league separately? >>

I think most guys will be for the idea, but I'll get a definite answer this week so we can move forward either way.

Collecting:

<< <i>Brendan and Mike,

If anyone drops out, let me know and I would like a spot .

Thanks,

Steve

Edited: to correct iPhone auto spell >>

I'm still waiting on three teams so if one opens up, I'll let you know.

Collecting:
  • A suggestion:

Overall winner receives a trophy.

I have played in some leagues that offer the winner a choice. Either a trophy with a little lower payoff to pay for the trophy, or no trophy and full payoff.

I have quit playing at trophy giving antsports because of poor customer service so I need a venue to increase my trophy collection. I figure you guys will be easy pickings and can increase trophy collection also!!!!!!! Let the trashtalk begin!!!image
    Screw the trophy--I'll take the cash, lol!!

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Screw the trophy--I'll take the cash, lol!! >>

A/K/A "Ain't no ways I kin buys me a wax pack wit dat trophy".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>

<< <i>Screw the trophy--I'll take the cash, lol!! >>

A/K/A "Ain't no ways I kin buys me a wax pack wit dat trophy". >>

Or you could display that trophy with your wax pack or box!

[/URL]">trophies & wax
  • you have an open spot count me in. if not oh well.....