edited April 24, 2021 2:54PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread! I've never seen that Andre card before. There's a PSA 10 on ebay right now listed as a bin for $599.99.
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 2:55PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Nice thread. Tennis cards are without a doubt the most undervalued sport cards IMO. I guess the term "undervalued" is all relative since there doesn't seem to be any demand for tennis cards. I have seen demand and prices on boxing, wrestling, golf and soccer cards increase significantly but no pop in tennis yet.. These are the tennis rookies I have. Some aren't HOFers but were popular enough for me to scoop up.

Rene Lacoste 1926 Lambert & Butler
    Fred Perry 1930 Cloetta Chocolate (didn't know about this until recently. I have 1931 WA churchman)
    Rod Laver 1968 Mira (I don't have this yet, using 1970 panini)
    Arthur Ashe 1966 Ruiz Romero Fútbol Tenis Ciclismo
    Bjorn Borg 1974 Panini Sport Vedettes
    Jimmy Connors 1981 Panini Sport Superstars
    John Mcenroe 1981 Panini Sport Superstars
    Andre Agassi 1987 Panini
    Pete Sampras 1991 Netpro
    Andy Roddick 2001 Netpro
    Roger Federer 2003 Stadion
    Rafael Nadal 2003 Netpro

These are the only ones I had scanned

This is the Arthur Ashe. I sent psa scans of the entire album so hopefully this can get graded soon

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Nice collection! Most of those are correct, but I think you may be off on a few of those rookies. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    I'm always interested in learning about new cards. Which ones am I off on? I have seen a Connors card from Argentina advertised as 1979 but never saw it again and couldn't confirm the set or year. I've also seen the sugar dady cards and thought about getting that in place of the panini but liked the look of the panini better.. So just went with that.

Nice autos. Good to hear you had some success with ttm.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Well I heard back from psa and the Ruiz Romero set was rejected because a checklist isn't online anywhere. I scanned every page of the album with each card clear enough to read. The album has the year and name of the set. I just don't understand what more information someone could possibly provide.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards! Love the Agassi card too
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have an autographed 1924 Willard Chocolate Tilden? That would certainly be an impressive piece!

• Options
    So for the Romero Ruiz we just have to create a website with a checklist of all cards in the album in it? It seems like that should be pretty doable.

If we just post the checklist in the collectors universe forum, is that considered a checklist on a website?
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments on the Agassi.

The willards card isn't tilden's first card, and I don't have it autographed. I haven't seen any tilden card autograph, I've only seen autographs from autograph books or things of that nature for him.

Some of my cards I don't have scanned yet. Going to continue with the ones I do have scanned now. I will try to do some scanning of others like the nabisco Connors this weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 2:56PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    oh these are awesome! glad i found this thread i played and loved watching the late 80's-early 90's period, graf was a personal favorite too. Was the address to the Steffi Graf Ventures address? Going on ebay to look for that panini card and ttm her right now image

edberg, lendl, rafter, sanchez-vicario, seles, sabatini all these names are coming back to me.
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 2:57PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 2:59PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    Love the Lacoste!
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 3:00PM
    Deleted
  • Options

<< <i>Love the Lacoste! >>

Thanks! The Lacoste is one of my favorites as well.
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Tracy Austin has a nice signature....keep up your good work!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Real nice collection. I like the nabisco card. I'm going to have to add that one to my checklist. Does McEnroe have an earlier card than the panini? Also, does Sampras have a 1990 panini card? I've seen labeled as 1990 but wasnt sure if that was accurate.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 3:01PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Good info. Thanks. I always thought it Wes's from this album.. But never saw scans of the pages to know for sure.

Panini album
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed going through this thread, thanks for sharing.

Any idea on what John McEnroe's rookie card is? I've got this 1980 Deportistas (Argentina). Hopefully his ego didn't get too bent out of shape when they spelled his name Joan.

• Options
    Foreign cards are the shizzle. I wish I owned some of the tennis or soccer ones, or even the South American baseball cards. Some great sets in the 30s and 40s in Latin America featuring prominent American negro leaguers and Major leaguers
  • Options
    I've seen that McEnroe and have been wondering what set it was from. You don't happen to have any scans of the album or anything that would help with a checklist do you? I'm going to try to put together some info to try to convince psa to grade it. Thanks for sharing. It's a cool card I've seen but didn't know anything about it
  • Options
    I have album cover and a few of the pages but not all of them and not high quality. I basically pulled them off the seller's listing. It's an interesting set, as there's a Maradona card in there as well. Not to mention the last card (that I know of) of IBHOFer Victor Galindez, who died shortly after the set was released.
  • Options
    Very cool. Every time I've seen this it's been in about the condition that yours is in or worse. I really like these cards from Argentina because they are hard to get unless you have a good contact down there. Plus I know very about them so it's fun to learn about new sets. Are these blank back?
  • Options
    Yeah, blank backed. They're almost all in poor condition.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2021 3:02PM
    Deleted
  • Options
    Since I know nothing about tennis cards/stickers but grew up playing the sport, I always love your posts, and those by eagles33. Keep 'me coming boys! Very informative. I think I like the unsigned panini with the green headband the best of the McEnroes you showed.
  • Options
    Deleted
  • Options
    Deleted