Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Got Yaz Stuff?? -Updated Pics for 2015

morning a member requested Yaz stuff--enjoy!!

here are some items that I have had for years....hope they entertain you!

1972 Rack PAck with Yaz and Rich Hands on top--

image[/URL]image

1969 Sox Team Poster

image[/URL]

very rare 1970 Candy Lid--extremely rare!
image[/URL]

1974 Topps Puzzle
image[/URL]

1967 Topps Punch Out--very tough piece--now graded PSA-5
image[/URL]

1968 Topps Action All Stars complete panels--not many complete panels still around
image[/URL]

great pic of Yaz and Ted--taken in spring training in 1963--the torch is passed
image[/URL]

1969 Trans-o-grams complete box
image[/URL]

probably my fav Yaz item--great pack--and no it is not a pepis special for those inquiring minds who want to know
image[/URL]

1969 cello pack--
image[/URL]

1964 Topps Stand Up PAck--part of the complete box find few years ago--wow!!
image[/URL]

wow! 1960 cello with Yaz rookie--from BBCE many years ago
image[/URL]

1969 cello pack
image[/URL]

1962 Salada Coin--clip back version--very tough to find!--now a PSA-7
image[/URL]
image[/URL]

1973 Topps Comics
image[/URL]

1974 Topps Pin Ups
image[/URL]

1968 Rack with Yaz
image[/URL]

and best for last---1960 Topps Rack with Yaz rookie--also from BBCE many years ago
image[/URL]

OK--this one is not of Yaz but is cool
me with Larry Lucchino at a Sox game in 2005--I am wearing Larry's 2004 championship ring
image[/URL]

hoep you guys enjoyed it!!

Comments

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is some great stuff!! I love the Ted and Yaz picture.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I would bust open that '60 Rack pack. You might get lucky and find a Yaz rookie inside.......oh, never mind.

Awesome stuff!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    See? I TOLD you that Manny was THE YAZ GUY!

Nice stuff Manny.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Yaz wore flip-flops. surfer cool.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Great stuff Manny!!
  • Options
    Holy crap Manny, amazing stuff! The AAS panels, the Transogram, the 1960 cellos..... hot damn! This thread is almost too much for me to handle.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff Manny. The centering on the Yaz cello is incredible. Most 60 cellos I have come across have poor centering on the top card.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    WOW!

Awesome stuff Manny. Thanks for sharing all those pictures.

aconte
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing collection! Those are some incredible pieces. I love the unopened stuff in particular but just an incredible variety or cool stuff.
    Steve
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    That was a fun post to view
  • Options

<< <i>That was a fun post to view >>

x 1,000 !
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastico!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive assortment of Yaz memorabilia and packs there, Manny!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed that. #understatement
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I quite enjoyed that. #understatement >>

LOL, hashtag..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Great way to start a Saturday!

I think Joey Lawrence said it best..."WHOA!!!"

If this is one of those ask, and ye shall receive type things, I would love to see some Koufax or Drysdale collections as well. I'm always looking for something new to covet.

Great stuff Manny!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    That stuff is so nice that even though I only collect 70's Steelers...........I STILL enjoyed looking at your collection image
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always great to see a passionate collector's work!

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff!!!
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Was every player issued in the 62 salada clip back that appears in the regular set? How were the clip backs issued. Can "dishonest" collectors pop out a player and insert it into a clip back plastic ?
  • Options

<< <i>Was every player issued in the 62 salada clip back that appears in the regular set? How were the clip backs issued. Can "dishonest" collectors pop out a player and insert it into a clip back plastic ? >>

Yes they can.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    as an added bonus I just took over the #1 spot for the Yaz Master Set.

it has taken me 6 years to do so. In that time the set grew from 215 cards to its current 361 cards!

just added a tough 1970 Trans-O-Gram in PSA-5--ultra tough card--and re-added my 1974 Deckle Edge in PSA-9

will be adding scans of cards to the set and will update the thread. Glad so many people enjoy seeing a diverse player collection and I would encourage others to start player threads of theirs. Some of this stuff is real neat

linky to #1 Yaz Master Set
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, great stuff! Thanks for sharing this awesome collection.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Really amazing to me as well! You are clearly passionate as it gets and I love that!
  • Options
    I obviously don't fully understand the formula for master set ratings. Packratking has a higher % complete with a higher weighted GPA, but his set rating is lower than yours. I'm thinking of registering one, so can somebody please explain to me how these calculations work?
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because more significant items carry a higher weight.
  • Options
    Yes, but that's factored into the weighted GPA
  • Options
    Never mind. I figured it out.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    What a great collection! image

It's always fun to see something for the first time which, for me in this thread, was a 1962 salada clip back.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Very nice stuff.

Do you have this unopened Yaz item in your collection??
  • Options
    Really nice stuff..awesome.
  • Options
    Ridiculously... Amazingly... Awesome!!!
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Mighty impressive yaz collection! Love the unopened 60 cellos especially! image
  • Options
    greetings!! Fresh off the New England Patriots GREAT Superbowl win--thought it was good to start thinking baseball and spring training.

Been a while since I updated this thread with more Yaz stuff--so here ya go for your viewing pleasure

1st up--not a card that is part of the registry--and not a card at all--but probably more scarce than any card ON the registry--
    this is actually a placemat that was used at local New England restaurants in the late '60s and early '70s I believe--very scarce--and in mint condition
    Arnold Bread was a Connecticut bakery that endorsed Yaz and the Sox--cool item

Another scarce Yaz item is this Arnold Bread wrapper. The bakery used a plain plastic wrapper around the bread and then put the loaf in this Yaz wrapper.
    Similar to the photo in the placemat--and just as scarce and cool advertisement for the Yaz Book

PSA-10 Bazooka Tips from the Topps--another cool Yaz item

1968 Action All Star Center Panel. Also have 2 complete panels

• Options
    1960 Venezuela Rookie in "high grade"--well for this issue--not many higher and a tough card

another tough issue--the '64 Topps Photo Tatoo--took me very long to get this one

imageimage

I have no idea what the heck this is from --it was added to the Yaz Master Registry Set about a month ago--cool issue nonetheless

hi-grade 1974 Topps Cello with you know who on top

I have just uploaded cards from 1960-1965 on my Master Set--if you care to see some gresat items. Gonna take a LONG TIME to load the entire set.

Here is the link to my set--hope you all enjoy

mams Yaz Master Set
  • Options
    WOW! These are amazing to see. Last year was really really tough and I haven't been able to do much at all with my Yaz collection. Just seeing these items is enough for me right now. 1978 was my first year collecting and I have a PSA-9 Yaz on top cello. Seeing unopened with Yaz on top is beautiful and your collection just keeps on impressing. I love that '74 cello. The 60's are ridiculous too! Keep up the great work!

- Scott
  • Options
    Thanks Manny, you first started this thread when I was recovering from surgery last March. It was a great pick-me-up then and equally tremendous now! I was thrilled for you when you landed that Vennie RC. And I'd never seen those Arnold items, which are really cool. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Manny,

Those are some great additions to an already incredible collection. Congrats and keep the updates coming. Love everything especially the unopened stuff!
    Steve