Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will there be a CU fantasy baseball league this year? Updated: Congrats to Grote15! (and kidzfund an

If so, I would like to participate.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Bump.

Will there be a league this year?

If not, is there interest in starting one?
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    I might dabble if somebody starts one. I'm already commish in a super serious 14 team dynasty league, so that would get first priority, but having a second team might be fun. Clock is ticking; season starts on the 22nd.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I want a team....winners could get a BBCE gift card
  • Options

<< <i>I want a team....winners could get a BBCE gift card >>

That would be fantastic! I want a team too, I just don't want to run the league
  • Options
    What's the minimum we need? 8 people?
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Yeah 8 would be good.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in if anyone starts one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    So far:

EASports
    DanBessette
    Echo Canyon
    grote15

We need at least four more. I'm proposing a $25 entry fee, with a BBCE gift card as the payout.

I can set up the league if we can get at least four more.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options

<< <i>So far:

EASports
    DanBessette
    Echo Canyon
    grote15

We need at least four more. I'm proposing a $25 entry fee, with a BBCE gift card as the payout.

I can set up the league if we can get at least four more. >>

You can set it up through Yahoo.
    Would it be head-to-head?
  • Options
    Cpamike will play.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    What's the format? I'm probably in regardless. Degenerate.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Count me in!!
  • Options
    I'm in
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we'll be able to fill a standard twelve team league.

• Options
    Nice. I'll update the list this weekend (unless one of you go-getters wants to keep a running tally).

I'm thinking head to head is the way to go.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    I've never played head to head, but if I'm joining a 2nd league it makes sense that it be a different format. no prob, still count me in.
  • Options
    I'm in, but h2h is tough. More time committnent, imo. Much prefer rottiserrie.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'll play. 10 teams is probably better than 8.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    16 team mixed 5x5 rotisserie snake draft?
  • Options
    If we expand to 12-16 teams, we should also award 2nd and 3rd place prizes to make it more competitive, too, imo..

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I'd be down if entry is 50 or less.

Thanks.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I'm in!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I'll play. I love taking money from Tim and Mike. image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll play. I love taking money from Tim and Mike. image

Mark >>

Since I never player fantasy baseball you may be right Mark. Like taking money from a baby.

By the looks of it, we should have a nice sized league. I agree with the $25 fee as I'd like to do it more for fun and the taunting factor. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>16 team mixed 5x5 rotisserie snake draft? >>

Perfect. And I agree with $25 as a max fee.
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I'll play if there's still room. Been in it the last few years. Maybe the 4th time is the charm...

Joe
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play as well. I prefer the most categories possible. It adds a little more fun IMO, and allows for more options when drafting.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    By my count, 76collector is #15. Can we get one more and cap it at 16?

I'll post a list of our team owners sometime tomorrow, set the league up, and PM registration details. (It'll probably be tomorrow evening)

Is Yahoo the best site for baseball? I use ESPN for football and like it.

Also, I'll be targeting NEXT Sunday night for the draft.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options

<< <i>By my count, 76collector is #15. Can we get one more and cap it at 16?

I'll post a list of our team owners sometime tomorrow, set the league up, and PM registration details. (It'll probably be tomorrow evening)

Is Yahoo the best site for baseball? I use ESPN for football and like it.

Also, I'll be targeting NEXT Sunday night for the draft. >>

Sounds good! I think Yahoo is best.

• Options
    I prefer Espn, but yahoo is ok too. If the Draft is on the 16th I might not be able to make it, but I'll definitely put alot of time into my personal rankings so my autodrafting goes well
  • Options
    Okay, guys - I will set up the league tonight.

Sorry it's taken me a while - I hope you guys will understand. The Pelicans had a season ticket holder appreciation event today. 2000 STHs could attend.

Here's my loot:

Some cards:

A basketball signed by all of the Pelicans (except Jrue Holiday, Jason Smith and Brian Roberts). Even got the coach and the GM:

And the coup de grace - I bought a limited edition basketball at the All Star game a couple weeks ago. It was expensive, but I figured I would be able to get Anthony Davis to sign it at some point. I didn't think I'd get the chance a couple weeks later!

Anyway - league details are coming via PM tonight.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    If Mathew isn't doing the league again this year, I'll play here if there's room.

Shawn
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If Mathew isn't doing the league again this year, I'll play here if there's room.

Shawn >>

I don't think he is Shawn and since 76collector was number 15, hopefully, you are the final slot.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I've PMed the league info to the following:

DanBessette
    EchoCanyon
    grote15
    bziddy
    jmaciu
    RailsideCards
    ryanseven
    SidePocket
    vintagefun
    Sethro
    cincyredlegs
    cpamike
    kidzfund
    76 collector
    BigRedMachine

If you didn't receive a PM, let me know.

League style is head to head. I find that people tend to walk away from a rotisserie league a little quicker than a head to head.

Scoring is standard 5x5. I'm open to other suggestions, but I'd like to keep it at as close to standard as possible.
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Roster is currently at:
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

I propose that we eliminate 1 Util spot and 1 P spot, keep the bench the same, and add a second DL slot. With 16 owners, finding players will be tough, so the second DL spot will probably help us all during the season, and dropping a Util and P spot should deepen the player pool just a bit.

Draft is 5:15 PM CST on Sunday, MARCH 16 (next available slot was at 9:30 PM). I dropped the per pick time from 90 seconds to 60 seconds, to keep the draft from lasting until the All Star Game.

After everyone is paid up, I'll purchase BBCE gift cards in denominations of $250, $100 and $50 (assuming all 16 sign up), to award as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes after the season.

Questions, complaints, comments, suggestions?
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Also, I'll try to figure out how to randomize the draft. If Yahoo can't handle that before the draft (or I'm not bright enough to figure it out), I'll put all the names in random.org to determine the draft order once everyone is registered.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Down for whatever and like what you've proposed given 16 teams. That would give odd number of rounds I think, not that it's a big deal. I like dumping 1 Util and one P, but maybe add one DL and one Bench.

Just a thought.

I've registered and paid.

Thanks for organizing!

Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    will register and pay in the morning.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think he is Shawn and since 76collector was number 15, hopefully, you are the final slot. >>

Woohoo!! I just made the cut!!

Registered and paid. Looking forward to it!!

Shawn
  • Options
    Registered and paid, pm sent.

One question: I know this is weekly head-to-head, but are daily lineup changes allowed? I think that would be best. I don't like the format where you set your lineup Monday morning for the whole week and if trout gets hurt that night, you're screwed all week.
  • Options

<< <i>One question: I know this is weekly head-to-head, but are daily lineup changes allowed? I think that would be best. I don't like the format where you set your lineup Monday morning for the whole week and if trout gets hurt that night, you're screwed all week. >>

Dan,

I am (at least) 87% sure you can do daily lineup changes.

Eight have signed up:

EASports
    EchoCanyon
    bziddy
    Vintagefun
    76collector
    DanBessette
    SidePocket
    BigRedMachine

Let's get the other eight signed up!

Anyone have any feedback on my roster suggestion above?

If I don't get any negative feedback between now and Wednesday night, I'll change the lineup to reduce Util and P by one, and add one BN and DL spot.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    We are doing daily lineup changes? Ick. Oh well...I'm good for whatever the consensus is.

• Options
    Daily changes are part of head to head format. You can however set your lineup days in advance, too.

• Options

<< <i>Daily changes are part of head to head format. You can however set your lineup days in advance, too. >>

Aren't daily changes always part of shuffling your lineup/starting pitchers, regardless of format?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Daily changes are part of head to head format. You can however set your lineup days in advance, too. >>

Aren't daily changes always part of shuffling your lineup/starting pitchers, regardless of format? >>

Some leagues you have to set for week in advance and then it locks.

• Options

Yeah, I usually do mine as far ahead as it will let me set it.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I am all paid up and signed up!! Let's roll.
  • Options

EASports
    EchoCanyon
    bziddy
    Vintagefun
    76collector
    DanBessette
    SidePocket
    BigRedMachine
    Kidzfund
    jmaciu
    RailsideCards
    Sethro

Nine of us are paid.

Thanks for getting to this quickly, guys!
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Registered and paid! Thanks, Ethan!

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeffrey, you have sent $25.00 USD to Ethan's Miscellany. -- Registered and paid up.

One question. What is everybody's thoughts on giving the 3rd place prize to the regular season champion ? I've played in another league the past 5 or 6 years and nothing is worse than having the best team all year long and either getting upset in the 1st round of the playoffs or having young arms get shut down for the last few weeks, causing you to lose. I KNOW, I KNOW, some geniuses have done precise value calculations, to determine what a Stephen Strasburg is worth for 3/4 of the season, but I feel like rewarding the regular season champ with something is good. I'm in regardless of what is decided but that is my 2 cents. 1st and 2nd place are the teams in the playoff championship, and 3rd place to the regular season winner ? Someone could double up in winnings this way, but still worth it to me.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Is there still room in the league?