Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Ric Flair and 1982 hulk Hogan Japanese "cards"

I just got these magazines from Japan. The one with the flair is from 1981 and the Hogan is from 1982. I've seen the hogan before but this is the first time I've seen the flair. The "cards" are on paper stock and are blank back. That holds these back IMO but I think they would look awesome slabbed. I'm in the process of getting them approved for grading and trying to get some guidance on how to cut them. I would like to see them cut inside the dotted lines so there is a symmetrical white boarder around the card. That would look much better than outside tge dotted lines. We will see how it goes. Hopefully they get approved for grading faster than it took the yamakatsu sets to get

1981 Gong Ric Flair

1982 Gong Hulk Hogan

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    very cool and we know PSA will slab cards like that now.

I like it a lot.

When you get cards hand cut how do you do it.

I was thinking about going to craft store and getting those professional scrapbookers to do it. They have great cutting abilities.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool item.

I think these would be great to get signed and slabbed either way. I am sure the wrestlers featured in these magazines don't get them put in front of them much if at all.

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    That is a great shot of Flair and Hogan. The dotted lines make it a challenge since the photos aren't always centered inside the lines.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Wrestlingcardking did a great job with these. Thanks! Hopefully I can get them slabbed. I have a "challenging" sub coming up. Cards from 8 different sets that psa hasn't graded before. Only 2 are wrestling. The flair card is his first traditionally sized card... But it is still handcut and on rather thin stock.

1981 Ric Flair

1982 Hulk Hogan
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    I like the grandma panties Hulk is wearing
    I edit almost all my posts because my auto correct is crazy !
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sub! Those cards are nice, but wish they were on thicker stock.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Is that Greg Valentine that Flair is wrestling??
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that Greg Valentine that Flair is wrestling?? >>

That is Valentine with Flair. These are being returned to you today so hope you get them soon. I am happy with the way that the cuts turned out.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Wrestlingcardking did a great job with these. Thanks! Hopefully I can get them slabbed. I have a "challenging" sub coming up. Cards from 8 different sets that psa hasn't graded before. Only 2 are wrestling. The flair card is his first traditionally sized card... But it is still handcut and on rather thin stock.

1981 Ric Flair

1982 Hulk Hogan
    image >>

I should be getting my 1982 Gong Hogan back pretty soon from PSA. It has been there a few months so it should just me a matter of time before the second one of these is ever graded.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    who is the guy to the right of Hogan? And who is the guy punching someone to the left of Rhodes?
  • Options

<< <i>who is the guy to the right of Hogan? And who is the guy punching someone to the left of Rhodes? >>

Terry Funk is throwing a punch to Abdullah the Butcher here.....

The guy near Hogan is Dick Slater.
  • Options
    My result is in on the Hulk Hogan... It is where I thought it would be.

54 1 23281717 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1982 Gong Magazine Hulk Hogan Hand Cut Card