Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who is Brady Hill and will he push the 1970s highend market into bold new heights?

He recently purchased the #1 1977 set and the 1979 Ozzie 10. He has been paying very strong.

Is all hope lost or can MMD (Mintmoondog) take down this apparent Goliath?

Comments

• I want to have the CSI girl's baby.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely doubt the vast majority of set collectors including Henry really care about someone else's set. More power to him.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • They care and that is a good thing.

And more power to him definitely LOL!
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They care and that is a good thing.

And more power to him definitely LOL! >>

Are you Brady?

<< <i>

Are you Brady? >>

The first letter is correct..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • That's not Brady.

<< <i>That's not Brady. >>

It sounds like this dude showed up to the game ready play. I like it. Brady must be the guy who bought the 1977 Topps #265 Mark Fidrych PSA 10 recently.

• Dpeck, we briefly talked about this collector in the Spence thread.
  • mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Anytime I feel like I spend too much on cards, I can find a buyer like that to change the perspective. I always have to wonder who they are, being able to drop 5-6 figures on cards in a 60-90 day period!
    I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • He will most certainly blow me away eventually image He has been killing me in Mini auctions the past year, he has bought several of the Spence number 1 sets early in the decade, the great Czar 1977 set, and BBCards4U's fantastic 1976 set. It's fun to watch his collection grow. My goal is to complete the decade first and then sit back on the couch with popcorn girl and watch him go.
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Well, here are his current registry sets: Link. It looks like he may have sold his 1914 Cracker Jack set to finance all of this: Link

• << <i>It looks like he may have sold his 1914 Cracker Jack set to finance all of this >>

I think it's far more likely he simply lost interest in the Cracker Jacks.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    All the money in the world and can't buy a scanner or let us view his sets... Yawn
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Brady is a nice guy. His 70s stuff is insane. Sold a pop 1 10 of a 1977 common to him about a month ago for decent money.

Justin

• << <i>Brady is a nice guy. His 70s stuff is insane. Sold a pop 1 10 of a 1977 common to him about a month ago for decent money.

Justin >>

Looks like he was willing to do $460 for 1977 Topps John Wathan #218 Royals PSA 10 Pop 1 beating out MMD with a last 5 second snipe. If you got that much or more then you did great!

Congrats!

<< <i>

<< <i>Brady is a nice guy. His 70s stuff is insane. Sold a pop 1 10 of a 1977 common to him about a month ago for decent money.

Justin >>

Looks like he was willing to do $460 for 1977 Topps John Wathan #218 Royals PSA 10 Pop 1 beating out MMD with a last 5 second snipe. If you got that much or more then you did great!

Congrats! >>

That was the card I sold to him.

Justin
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Are you Brady? >>

The first letter is correct.. >>

First and second are one in the sameimage
    Still acts as if nobody is talking but her,to funny
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Are you Brady? >>

Still acts as if nobody is talking but her,to funny >>

I guess I am slow. It took me a little while to figure this one out. LOL

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Are you Brady? >>

Still acts as if nobody is talking but her,to funny >>

I guess I am slow. It took me a little while to figure this one out. LOL >>

LOL! I must be really slow what are you guys talking about? No I am not Brady if that is what you are saying. I wish I had his kind of money though. Very impressive what he is doing. And the higher prices will help increase the value of everyones collection of the 1970s I think.
  • Hinting that someone is an alt of someone else is so incredibly played out/tiresome.
    If you've actually got something, spill it. Otherwise, you're providing exactly the same amount of intrigue as you would if you hit 'reply to thread' without typing anything into the box.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i love British humour.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hinting that someone is an alt of someone else is so incredibly played out/tiresome.
    If you've actually got something, spill it. Otherwise, you're providing exactly the same amount of intrigue as you would if you hit 'reply to thread' without typing anything into the box. >>

chouser calls it out in this thread: linky

• << <i>chouser calls it out in this thread: linky >>

What I meant was, something more than just saying it.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>chouser calls it out in this thread: linky >>

What I meant was, something more than just saying it. >>

I see no correlation, feedback numbers for the underbidder on the card mentioned does not match the bbg eBay account I know of.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Brady is a nice guy. His 70s stuff is insane. Sold a pop 1 10 of a 1977 common to him about a month ago for decent money.

Justin >>

Congrats! >>

Justin >>

Well Justin, you can buy me a beer at Nationals if we meet for underbidding that up image
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Who is John galt?

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Justin >>

Congrats! >>

Justin >>

Well Justin, you can buy me a beer at Nationals if we meet for underbidding that up image >>

LOL! No problem, Henry! Would be happy to buy you a beer anyway!

Justin
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    must have deep pockets that's for sure or lots of plastic.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I found him to be a great guy to deal with. Very pleasant and straightforward. He's got an amazing collection.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• << <i>I found him to be a great guy to deal with. Very pleasant and straightforward. He's got an amazing collection. >>

He must be. The TGF collection 1978 Topps Baseball Registry set has been retired. Wonder who picked that up?! LOL!
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I think the 70's purchases are pretty secondary for him. He's got some very serious material that would blow away any collector. If he does approach you do not think he's just wasting your time, he's very serious and definitely legit and fair.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like whenever one large collector gets out of collecting, there's someone else to take their place. I would have thought if/when Spence ever sold his collection, it would be broken up since it was likely too massive for one collector to be willing to absorb it.

• << <i>I think the 70's purchases are pretty secondary for him. He's got some very serious material that would blow away any collector. If he does approach you do not think he's just wasting your time, he's very serious and definitely legit and fair. >>

Absolutely. Well said Griffins.
  • Anybody know what happened to his 70's sets? He retired all of them last week.

• << <i>I think the 70's purchases are pretty secondary for him. He's got some very serious material that would blow away any collector. If he does approach you do not think he's just wasting your time, he's very serious and definitely legit and fair. >>

Brady has purchased several cards from me in the past week and he is paying aggressive for strong material. He is incredibly gracious and has educated me on several different questions I had for him.

10/10 Great Collector.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He purchased a nice 51 Bowman Mantle recently, he may be changing his focus.

Centered Mantle
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious as to how you can ascertain that he bought the 1951 Bowman from the Ebay listing since there were no bids. Just basic knowledge or know from another source he bought the card. Nice 1951 Mantle btw.

<< <i>Just curious as to how you can ascertain that he bought the 1951 Bowman from the Ebay listing since there were no bids. Just basic knowledge or know from another source he bought the card. Nice 1951 Mantle btw. >>

Feedback review is my guess.

People learn to identify EBAY bidders quite easily.

<< <i>

<< <i>Just curious as to how you can ascertain that he bought the 1951 Bowman from the Ebay listing since there were no bids. Just basic knowledge or know from another source he bought the card. Nice 1951 Mantle btw. >>

Feedback review is my guess.

People learn to identify EBAY bidders quite easily. >>

Correct. Letters are always the same for bidders. There is one pair that shows as a bidder and another one when FB is left.

• Who has the best Psa registry sets currently?

<< <i>Who has the best Psa registry sets currently? >>

Set registry

• << <i>

<< <i>Who has the best Psa registry sets currently? >>

Set registry >>

Interesting thanks.
  • Wow tull collection has a 100% complete t206 set with 7.64 gpa!
    That's a smart collector/investor buying the best and rarest items.

<< <i>Wow tull collection has a 100% complete t206 set with 7.64 gpa!
    That's a smart collector/investor buying the best and rarest items. >>

WOW no kidding.

T206
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great set. He should put it up on Collector Focus or the like though; GPA's are for students image

Instagram: mattyc_collection

<< <i>It's a great set. He should put it up on Collector Focus or the like though; GPA's are for students image >>

Matty,

I doubt a guy of his means cares one way or another. Both his and the top sets are private; as a collector, I'd like to see the cards in the sets, but I know there are reasons for keeping them private on the set registry. To each his own.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Brady is retiring several sets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06