Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2013 Topps Update

Not sure why but for the first time in a while, I really like a modern issue. My sons a big Tim Lincecum fan and there is the no-hitter card so were trying to get all the variations. A camo went for $25.00 last night. There is also a neat Babe Ruth card. Anyone crack a bunch of this ? I'm thinking about buying a case. Anyone else enjoying this set?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Not sure why but for the first time in a while, I really like a modern issue. My sons a big Tim Lincecum fan and there is the no-hitter card so were trying to get all the variations. A camo went for $25.00 last night. There is also a neat Babe Ruth card. Anyone crack a bunch of this ? I'm thinking about buying a case. Anyone else enjoying this set? >>

Don't forget the retail chrome version of this and it has a base chrome, yellow refractor, black refractor and maybe one more version.
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    I still love base Topps and enjoy opening series 1 and 2 and update. The prices seem to have dropped so I say rip a case and have some fun! Just don't expect a big return on "investment". image
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I, too, like this modern set, especially the 1971 Mini inserts. First time I bought case since 1985 Topps.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone pull a Puig? >>

Aren't there multiple base versions of him in this set?
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    2013 Topps Update also has a super short print Prince George RC. A real long term investment!!

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭

I am still chasing down a few of the SP and SSP cards from this, and the base set.

I would really like one of the #71 Kyle Kendrick "Close Up" cards. I haven't seen one on eBay in a long time.