Quick Links:   Collectors Corner | PCGS | PSA | PSE | PSA/DNA | CU | Coinflation

Navigation:

FORUMS > SPORTS CARDS & MEMORABILIA FORUM [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: An Important Message from PSA
Created On Monday January 14, 2013 10:59 AM
Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 5 >> Previous Next ]

letsgocapitals

Monday January 14, 2013 5:18 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

<< Brian Price is going to lose it if he knows you don't refer to him as DOCTOR Brian Price. >>

70% of the folks I work with are PhDs. I'm not (I have a MS). We all refer to each other by first names. I still haven't met anyone that demands to be called "Doctor" when talking in an interpersonal setting.

BTW... when speaking with Brian Price, I've referred to him as Brian. No issues to report.

Edited: Monday January 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM by letsgocapitals

Bottom

dennis07
Veteran

Monday January 14, 2013 5:43 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

I could be wrong but I would think one of his employees is tasked with reading the forum and
relaying to him any topic he has advised they relay his way.

-------------------------
Collecting 1970 Topps baseball raw and graded PSA 7 and 8. Dennis

Bottom

Brick
Expert Collector

Another reason some would have a large percentage of Gem Mint grades is that when you submit in such large numbers and spend that amount of money you really know what you are doing or you hire someone who does.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Bottom

vladguerrero
Expert Collector

didnt mean to derail ...blessed our father Joe...

Edited: Monday January 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM by vladguerrero

Bottom

tsalems1
Expert Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 5:58 PM

User is online View thread in raw text format

<< I could be wrong but I would think one of his employees is tasked with reading the forum and
relaying to him any topic he has advised they relay his way.
>>

No doubt and I have a prety good idea who it is.

Doubt Joe Orlando is up at midnight reading the boards

OPCBASEBALL.COM
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
Phone: 774-573-1731
Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Face book

Bottom

letsgocapitals

Monday January 14, 2013 6:12 PM

<<

<<

<< Brian Price is going to lose it if he knows you don't refer to him as DOCTOR Brian Price. >>

70% of the folks I work with are PhDs. I'm not (I have a MS). We all refer to each other by first names. I still haven't met anyone that demands to be called "Doctor" when talking in an interpersonal setting.

BTW... when speaking with Brian Price, I've referred to him as Brian. No issues to report.
>>

The clowns blog is called "According to Dr. Price". He promotes it as much as his fake jersey ridden product.
>>

Just going off of my first-hand experience... and ITG is up front with what their jersey are or aren't. They, by far, have the best customer service around. I can understand if you don't like jerseys, but they put out a ton of sets with obscure players. They actually ask the collectors for ideas on what products to put together. Barely any redemptions (if any at all) IN their products. Weird concepts, eh? Save the hate for Upper Deck and Topps.

Bottom

Maurice
Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 6:17 PM

<< Just going off of my first-hand experience... and ITG is up front with what their jersey are or aren't. They, by far, have the best customer service around. I can understand if you don't like jerseys, but they put out a ton of sets with obscure players. They actually ask the collectors for ideas on what products to put together. Barely any redemptions (if any at all) IN their products. Weird concepts, eh? Save the hate for Upper Deck and Topps. >>

Why is this thread being derailed with this nonsense?

Bottom

vladguerrero
Expert Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 6:18 PM

didnt mean to derail

Edited: Monday January 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM by vladguerrero

Bottom

olb31
Veteran

Monday January 14, 2013 6:25 PM

beckett offered me the same deal that joe is talking about with psa. for 500 or more cards it $9 to encapsulate and $2 not to. for orders under 500, it was $11 to encapsulate and $2 not to. i would assume that psa is somewhere in that neighborhood, maybe a little cheaper for someone like 4sc.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Bottom

letsgocapitals

Monday January 14, 2013 6:27 PM

<< And some people do like airbrushed non licensed products with jerseys that were bought from people who misrepresented them as authentic, to each their own. >>

Start a new thread and bring the proof... otherwise you're as good as the reason this thread was started.

Bottom

TNP777
Master Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 7:25 PM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

<< So, once again, for those of you who want to post nonsense on our message boards, you will be removed immediately. If something comes up in the future and a person has a question about anything at PSA, I donít think it is unreasonable to ask that you contact us so we can simply answer the question. >>

Joe, who exactly do members here contact if they have a question about something? I guess the obvious answer is call Newport Beach, but what about lesser stuff? My point is this: why do we not have a clearly defined moderating team here? I have been a member of probably close to two dozen various message boards over the years; at least half of those have been hobby related. Every message board has had a well-known, interactive, hands-on moderation team. Here at CU, the overwhelming majority of us haven't the foggiest idea who to contact if we have a question, or a complaint, or whatever. The last two empoyees who started threads here were JackieC on October 2, and LauraR on October 24. Guess what? Neither one of them have their PMs turned on - nice. I even started a thread once that very politely asked for the moderators to be identified. What happened? The thread was deleted shortly after it started.

BTW, it seems at least one member does know who to contact, as many people who have run afoul of said member have received "stop it or else" emails from an anonymous CU representative. Why does this one member have the ear of someone at CU, and not the rest of us? Why are your employees being so shy?

In the light of this current controversy, deleting threads and banning members (some of whom were asking very legitimate questions) does NOT reflect well on PSA. Joe, IMO you or one of your representatives should have been out in front of this the instant it became known that things were being said here. Instead, the flames of the conspiracy theorists were fed with kerosene.

My $0.02. I hope to still be around after CU reps have read it.

Vintage Dodgers scans | Brett Butler registry | 1978 Dodgers

Bottom

OcTrAdInG

Monday January 14, 2013 7:28 PM

WELL SAID TNP777

Bottom

llafoe
Master Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 7:29 PM

<< WELL SAID TNP777 >>

WELL SAID OCTRADING

Bottom

grote15
Choose Your Title

Monday January 14, 2013 7:46 PM

I would certainly agree that when carolj was here, there was certainly more clarity and transparency with regard to corporate presence on the message boards.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Bottom

firedawg45
Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 7:55 PM

+1
TNP777

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10

Bottom

DavidPuddy
Expert Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 8:31 PM

I agree with Brett Butler.

Building Master Sets of:
J.R. Richard
Ted Simmons
Al Oliver
Reggie Smith
Fred Lynn
Joe Carter (Cubs and Indians Only)

Bottom

yankeeno7
Master Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 9:06 PM

+1 Geordie

I had also started a thread asking for the new message board rules and it was deleted. Im not sure why. People have been banned for seemingly minor infractions and that is when I asked if we could all get some clarity. As another poster here suggested, why are there no forum rules...or should I say "new forum rules" posted? I think its only fair.

I agree with TNP777 that we should all have access to the moderators equally and those moderators should be clearly defined as well. Maybe that transparency (and Im not talking AH's here lol) would make this place an even playground and there are not members with favoritism. (yes, there are!)

Some people are like slinkies..Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

yup

Bottom

jeffcbay
Master Collector

Monday January 14, 2013 9:07 PM

<< I agree with Brett Butler. >>

??

My Ripken Basic Set Registry - Ranked 3rd - 100% Complete - 166/175 are PSA 10 (9.953 GPA)

Bottom

Doublestriker

Monday January 14, 2013 10:32 PM

+1

Bottom

detroitfan2
Expert Collector

Tuesday January 15, 2013 3:32 AM

<< beckett offered me the same deal that joe is talking about with psa. for 500 or more cards it $9 to encapsulate and $2 not to. for orders under 500, it was $11 to encapsulate and $2 not to. i would assume that psa is somewhere in that neighborhood, maybe a little cheaper for someone like 4sc. >>

And this is what bothers me about the whole "minimum grade" option. Which do you think the grading company would rather have, the $9 or the $2?

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 5 >> Previous Next ]
FORUMS > SPORTS CARDS & MEMORABILIA FORUM [ REFRESH ]
View Member Listing | Add To Member Listing

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Terms of Membership

Collectors Universe, Inc., or any subsidiary or affiliate is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any messages.

FuseTalk 3.0 - Copyright © 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.