Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wrestling card question, Steve Austin rookie

Tried the search but something wasn't working, what would be stone cold Steve Austin's true rookie card be? Either stone cold, or stunning Steve , or Hollywood blondes. Any of them. The first "stone cold" would be cool to own. Any help is appreciated.

Pete
.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1992/3 magazine card of Steve Austin......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    I think are your 2 options

1993 WCW Magazine Collector's Special #3 - not sure if psa will grade these. They were issues in perforated sheets inserted in WCW magazines like the si for kids cards. Scans and more info in the link below

Here

The other option would be

Stunning Steve Austin 1995 WCW Main Event Trading Cards (Cardz) 29
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    No Steve Austin RCs graded by PSA, weird.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    The 1995 card has been graded twice according to the pop report. There is an 8 and a 10.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    i searched by name but when i went to the set I saw the 8 and 10
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I ripped a box of 95 WCW Main Event a while back and pulled three Austins. Search BenG76 and you will find the thread I posted pics in. I still need to sub them to PSA. I think I may send all 3 and see what happens. I am pretty sure the magazine card is harder to find.
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    He has two cards in the 1995 WCW Main Event set.

There are a few on ebay graded by BGS.
    I did not see any boxes for sale for this set but a ton of the 1991s..........
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    I got my 95 box off Ebay after watching for a while. Not sure how often they pop up.
    Here is the 1992-3 Austin card

• KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if the auto is real.

the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

Interesting, I am sure there are very few of those around.........
    I have a couple of these yet and going to try and get one signed and one slabbed by PSA. I should have Eagles bug the hell out of them for me image
    It shouldn't be to much of a struggle since they already grade all of the other hand cut cards from that publisher. I shot them an email to confirm. Ill fw the approval email if they ok them.. Just give me a good deal if you decide to sell one of them. They might ask for a scan of the back. Shoot that over to me if you have a chance
    I do have an extra available but not one to grade.....these are tough as I only had one out of five worth subbing.......
    Does the Steve Austin have no perforated edges? Looks like it was completely handcut inside the perforations....???

I think I should get mine ready for PSA as there have been none graded to date....think this one could be a monster in high grade.
    I looks hand cut, no perforated edges. That's the way I bought it. I submitted like 30 autos to PSA under the DNA special. I'll probably pick them up next week. If it comes back as authentic I will post a pic.
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

I am sure you have a great bunch of autos in there. That Austin is a great card regardless.......

I need to ship my RCs to PSA and get a red flip on the card, congrats on the blue flip
    Thanks Rob.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home run on the Steve Austin!
    I was surprised that no one snatched this one up. I bought it on ebay for 30 bucks.

i did not see it!
    I'll be adding to this thread early next week, pumped to see the PSA 9.
    Here is what I just got back from PSA

image[/URL]
    Well, it sold in a few hours for $600. Here is another wrestling card to look for! Good luck on finding it in high grade.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I imagine we'll be seeing more of these pop up.
    People will be looking to bring them out now I imagine. I still think it is tough to find a good one though. UK release magazine and it is tough to find without some type of issue.
    The Steve Austin looks awesome in a PSA holder. Nice job on finding this card and getting it graded.

I knew this one would do very well.

It was easy to pick this one as a winner. I don't think a bunch of them will come out of the woods since they are hard to find.
    I haven't seen any of these even raw be offered by sellers in the last three weeks.....I am going to submit another to PSA and hope for the best.
    I just picked up a 1991 WCW set from Argentina. I don't have it in hand yet but its 34 cards and has a Diamond Stud, Steve Austin, Sting and Ric Flair. I think psa has graded the Flair card so is something psa will grade. They are not the coolest looking cards imo but I like digging up rare sets that have first cards of big names. This was an image I found

Very cool. Post the checklist when you get the set!

Here is the checklist that was posted on another board. Are any of the others first cards other than Austin and Hall?

- A1 Sting (wrestling scene)
    - A2 Sting
    - A3 Sting
    - A4 Sting
    - B1 El Gigante
    - B2 El Gigante
    - B3 El Gigante
    - B4 El Gigante
    - C1 Stiener Bros
    - C2 Stiener Bros
    - C3 Rick Stiener
    - C4 Scott Stiener
    - D1 Barry Windham
    - D2 Barry Windham
    - D3 Barry Windham
    - D4 Barry Windham
    - E1 Rick Flair (SIC - Ric)
    - E2 Rick Flair (SIC - Ric)
    - E3 Lex Lugar
    - E4 Lex Lugar
    - F1 Flyi'n Brian
    - F2 Big Josh
    - F3 Fabulosos Freebirds (4 wrestlers)
    - F4 Fabulosos Freebirds (2 wrestlers)
    - G1 "P.N News"
    - G2 Johnny B Badd
    - G3 Diamond Studd
    - G4 Stunning Steve
    - H1 Butch Reed
    - H2 Tom Zenk
    - H3 Dustin Rhodes
    - H4 Ron Simmons
    I am waiting to get my Austin in the mail...... will post when I get it.
    How was this issued? Are the backs blank?
    I'm not really sure. Ill post some scans when I get them in hand.
    I have been waiting forever to get my cards from Argentina....hope you have better luck than me Eagles!
    1993 WCW Magazine

I have been looking for one of these for more then 7 months and finally got one. It came in the mail yesterday and I am very pleased to add it to my collection.

The Steve Austin looks fantastic to the eye but upon close inspection there is a tiny wrinkle on the card. I am perfectly fine with that as I have no plans to take this apart. Quite frankly if it didn't I would have cut it up right away and I really wanted to have one still in the magazine so in some ways that its a good thing.

The magazine has a color feature on quite a few WCW stars at the time and 2 pages of 9 card sheets.

I am hoping after people see that one of these sold for a decent price that more will come out of closets and hit EBAY.

<< <i>I have been waiting forever to get my cards from Argentina....hope you have better luck than me Eagles! >>

Hopefully I won't have an issue. Have you seen any of these cards? I've never seen any scans of the backs before. I guess they are slightly taller than traditional cards. Hopefully they fit in a standard size slab.
    I have been told they will fit in a standard size slab.....
    My Steve Austin graded a PSA 6 EX-MT.

This is such a great card. I am working on finding a higher graded example but this will do for now. After buying a set in the magazine it is even more clear how tough this card will be in high grade.
    I know that a lot of people thought my 9 went for a high price but it will be hard to get another one.....

Here is the first card of Steve Austin

1993 Steve Austin

This one didn't last long on EBAY.

I really like the way this card looks and a very impressive price for a PSA 5.
    I agree. It is a good looking card. Very strong price for a 5. Nice sale!
    I have another one to sub and then that will be it for now. These are tough in high grade for sure.
    Now that the PSA 5 sold I thought I would see if there is any interest in the 1991 card from Argentina. I know that people are looking for the 1993 card but haven't heard the same thing with the 1991 card. We will see.
    I'm interested to see how the 1991 does too. I thought they would be easy to find in Argentina but the contacts I have there aren't exactly giving them away. They say the cards are hard to find especially in decent condition. I've only been able to locate 2 sets and one was lost in the mail