Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your best Andre the Giant card or auto - wrestling

KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
Andre
the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice graphs

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:54AM
    Andre
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    These are some interesting ones from Japan. I'm told they are from 1978 to promote a movie that was in Japan called inside the square jungle. The cards are over sized. They would fit in a regular tall boy holder. If anyone has more info please let me know
    These are the 2 from the 1976 yamakatsu set. These cards are smaller than a traditional card similar to the panini cards from the 70s. The set contains 40 cards but the are the only solo Andre cards.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say but I do not have one Andre the Giant autograph....I really need a 1982 All Star and probably the only one that I would really want to keep for myself. I'd probably sell any other auto to you! :-)
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:55AM
    Andre

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg you have some amazing pieces here. Keep up the good work!

• Options
    Andre

• Options
    Here is my best Andre card. I spent a small fortune trying to get one of these.

I have 24 of his Wrestling All Stars card with one PSA 9, six PSA 8's, six PSA 7's, one PSA 8 OC, two PSA 6's and nine raw examples. I bought a number of high grade BGS examples and learned the hard way.

Here are a few more cards.

This is a cool Andre card from the OPC WWF set. This card has terrible centering in most cases and these cards are really hard to find with sharp corners. This is a Pop 1 with none higher.

Here is a beautiful PSA 8. This was a BGS 9 but I would rather have it in a lower PSA holder and graded accurately.

• Options
    That 1985 O-PEE-CHEE is great.

• Options
    Thanks. It would most likely be a 10 if it did not have the tilt. I was pretty excited to get this grade when it popped. It came with the submission of my Macho Man 10.
  • Options
    Great stuff.

Knapp you ever meet Andre in person?
  • Options
    Hello, I only saw him wrestler once in the early 80's at a local High School. I was too scared to approach him when he was signing autographs. He was larger than life.

• Options
    Maybe I will just bump the thread where Navarro has his signed wrestling all star of Andre......
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Andre

• Options
    That purple Andre does not seem to be like the other ones I have seen of him, but I would not call myself an expert on his auto. Just a layman's opinion.....
  • Options
    Andre The Giant

I missed this one. I have been trying to find this program for a while. It has the original photo used for the Andre The Giant 1982 Wrestling All Stars card.

This is one of the few times Andre actually held a belt.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:56AM
    Andre

• Options
    Awesome stuff guys, this is my lone Andre image
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Goomba78,

Nice Andre!

Do you own the other PSA 10 Ric Flair?
  • Options
    This thread is as terrifying as if there was a Topps set depicting the MLB 'FAT UMPIRE' men of the 80's. I just don't just get it. How on earth can there be people in this world in to this stuff, especially collecting it ? Collecting photo cards of Andre The Giant, is quite frankly gross. Heck I guess though, it it indeed more manly than collecting cards of hot Jeter etc.

Reminder: Just an opinion here talking with ya like out on the golf course. (although the wrestling fan has to have a much much more gooshie arse while on the 11th)

Gross. Sick. Andre the Giant is meaningless.
  • Options
    Thugs, why are you so angry about wrestling? You mention that Andre is gross (agreed) and that Jeter is hot. What are you trying to say? Put down the haterade. I don't say anything about your 1988 Donruss sets.

• Options
    Under this theory you would not collect cards of Tony Gwynn? You must really hate his 1983 Topps....lol...... I suppose that is why you like 1988 Donruss......perhaps cards of Jeter, Tom Brady, you previously mentioned your projection of Bieber, etc....are more up your alley.......
  • Options
    Come on guys ? Just talkin trash, again. I don't have any hate or anything, Am just talking with friends, who are in to different things than I. Ya'll got buddies somewhere who rip on things while watching some sporting event correct next to you ? I've noticed on 'message boards' words are handled a lot differently than if spoken next to someone in jest. I have no malcontent here. Actually trying to be friendly.

Your wrestling sucks wangs. I actually do have some 88 Donruss. Unfortunately it's higher in the stack than my GangNam style Hulk Hogen rookie.
  • Options

<< <i>Goomba78,

Nice Andre!

Do you own the other PSA 10 Ric Flair? >>

Yeah, I got that one awhile back. Do you have the other 3?
  • Options
    There are only two others and I have both. One got crossed over to a BGS Gem early on by a guy from Ebay TbkBigKahuna. I actually bought my first set of the cards from him.

You are the last person I want to bid against!!! image

You have some unreal cards!!!

Glad to see you join the boards and hopefully you post some of your collection.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Goomba (nice stuff btw) and Dave,

Unfortunately these are the only autographed Andre's that I have (LOL)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I think we are dying to see a signed 1988 Donruss Andre...........
  • Options
    Here's mine. Will trade for one decent ticket to the BCS National Championship college football game image

• Options
    LUV that card! OT- Did you get on the group sub and get some other wrestling AS of yours to PSA?

Wish that 1982 Andre was in the PSA article but understand why it could not be! They should have comped you on that one and slabbed it.....
  • Options
    He was so ughu bugha he signed 'andre the giant'. Do you think it even knew what his last name was ? Does anyone here know who took the money from his 'name' ?
  • Options

<< <i>There are only two others and I have both. One got crossed over to a BGS Gem early on by a guy from Ebay TbkBigKahuna. I actually bought my first set of the cards from him.

You are the last person I want to bid against!!! image

You have some unreal cards!!!

Glad to see you join the boards and hopefully you post some of your collection. >>

Thanks man. My wrestling stuff still doesn't come close to your 82 set. Nice write-up in SMR image
  • Options

<< <i>LUV that card! OT- Did you get on the group sub and get some other wrestling AS of yours to PSA?

>>

Rob,

No, I wasn't paying attention and missed the deadline. If you want I can send them to you and you can send em on your next group batch to see if they get better grades then the ones you have and if they work out right we could do some trading. I don't mind paying the sub fees if it's on one of johns deals. I have so MANY cards that I need to send in, but i don't ever take time and attention away from buying new ones to take the time to get it done

Mike
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:56AM
    Andre

• Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:57AM
    Andre

• Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>Here's mine. Will trade for one decent ticket to the BCS National Championship college football game image

image >>

You coming no matter what or only if you get a ticket? Its Miami...shouldnt be too difficult really.
  • Options
    I'll find you one mid-way through the first quarter Mike!
  • Options
    Knapp someone else likes the cut cards. You sold a PSA 9 Andre for $1,500.

• Options
    That's true. The guy who I sold it to only buys rookie cards. He's a nice guy and pays quick. I also sold him a 1962 Clay SGC 9.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's mine. Will trade for one decent ticket to the BCS National Championship college football game image

You coming no matter what or only if you get a ticket? Its Miami...shouldnt be too difficult really. >>

I'm coming to Miami irregardless of whether I score a game ticket before or not. Worst case scenario I'll be tailgating in the parking lot the whole game

Mike
  • Options

• Options
    Andre

• Options
    Your Andre collection is off the hook!
  • Options
    Andre

• Options
    A collector friend of mine has this one......

• Options
    WOW that is awesome!

• Options
    He said he got that one personally in 1987-88
  • Options
    The card looks pretty nice too!

• Options
    Yes, I think this is the best one I have seen signed from this set to date of Andre.
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2017 10:58AM
    Andre