Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

best way to store/display wax wrappers?

have accumulated fair amount of 70's wrappers from rips and would like to store them and display in book or sheets. Any suggestions?
also what do people do with the gum? I've got a nice collection of that too now.

not a re-packer so no need for comments related to that. thanks. my only crime is having developed a mild addiction to rips

Comments

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    How about decorating a bar top with them? I hear that's a popular thing to do.

As for the gum. There's only one thing to do with it: hand it out for Halloween. image
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to store wrappers is in an artist's portfolio. They're made by a company called Itoya and are sold in art supplies stores.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Do you have any extra 1974 wrappers of any sport? That is the year I was born and I would be interested in some from that year for a display.
    Hook'em
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Best way to store wrappers is in an artist's portfolio. They're made by a company called Itoya and are sold in art supplies stores. >>

This.

I store a lot of flat collectibles in these; including large posters and smaller uncut sheets. They have a great range in size. Hobby Lobby carries them and can be found in even the smallest of towns oftentimes.

Edit to add: They're archival safe, acid free...no worries about damaging your flats.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I like to keep mine wrapped around dozen cards or so, with a flat piece of gum inside....image
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like to keep mine wrapped around dozen cards or so, with a flat piece of gum inside....image >>

You are a very, very smart man. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Best way to store wrappers is in an artist's portfolio. They're made by a company called Itoya and are sold in art supplies stores. >>

This.

I store a lot of flat collectibles in these; including large posters and smaller uncut sheets. They have a great range in size. Hobby Lobby carries them and can be found in even the smallest of towns oftentimes.

Edit to add: They're archival safe, acid free...no worries about damaging your flats. >>

PaulMaul and Ross, thanks for the info. This board is a wealth of information, just try not to go broke. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the awesome suggestion on how to best store wrappers. Picked up the Itoya art portfolio to store some great 50's and 60's hockey wrappers I was lucky enough to acquire recently. No 64-65 Tallboy wrapper (white whale) yet, but a few toughies from years on either side of it that I am really excited to add to my collection!

Now if PSA would only authenticate/grade wax wrappers!

Topps wrappers -

And some Parkies -

Go Dodgers!
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Topps artist that year must've been a big Jack Kirby fan.
    Sweet! They're incredibly tough pre-1968.
  • I have a 51 Topps Baseball and a couple of 75 OPC Baseball that I just keep in top loaders that are a shade bit bigger. Found it to be easy to store and keep protected.
  • Thank you for the suggestion of the Itoya portfolios.
    Do you typically use the 8x10 versions or do you use a larger version and put 2 on a page? If the latter, do you use some method to make sure the wrappers stay in place?
    Thanks again
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    "Artificial flavours and certified food coloring." Sounds delicious! Beautiful wrappers.

<< <i>Thank you for the suggestion of the Itoya portfolios.
    Do you typically use the 8x10 versions or do you use a larger version and put 2 on a page? If the latter, do you use some method to make sure the wrappers stay in place?
    Thanks again >>

That's the one downside, the wrappers can potentially move a little, but only enough to bother ultra-OCD types like me.