Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A #2 Hulk Hogan PSA 9 Mint Hits EBAY....Ends Tonight!!

I check the pop reports everyday looking for new cards that pop up and I saw this hit two weeks ago and figured it would find it's way to EBAY.

This is the first PSA 9 to hit the pop report in over a year and there have been no others come for sale so this is going to be a big auction.

The current population is 6 with none graded higher and there is almost no chance a PSA 10 will surface. As I have said before there are a handful of BGS 9.5 but most of those might not even cross to a PSA 9 and certainly won't become the first 10.

There are regular Wrestling All Stars bidders for many of the cards but the Hulk Hogan card is different and has a much wider audience that is interested in a high grade PSA specimen.

I think Rick was smart to run this as a 10 day auction to get maximum exposure and I will certainly be following this card.

This is a great looking example and certainly deserving of the PSA 9 Mint grade it received.

Hulk Hogan PSA 9

Comments

• we submitted it raw....freshly graded !!! i still have more of these in the warehouse ( somewhere ) , gotta dig them out....
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i still have more of these in the warehouse ( somewhere ) >>

Now that's not very nice Rick, talk about a tease! lol

Nice freaking card!
  • jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Very nice
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>we submitted it raw....freshly graded !!! i still have more of these in the warehouse ( somewhere ) , gotta dig them out.... >>

Rick is stockpiling an arsenal to rival DPeck...
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling the final price on this is going to much higher then I originally thought.

It is up to $791 and destined to go much higher.

There are a few deep pocketed collectors out there that have bought high grade examples of the big three from this set and this is obviously the crown jewel.

This is a great card and going to make whom ever wins it very happy.

Less then 11 hours to go! There are 52 watchers and the auction has been viewed 862 times.

I can't wait to see how this ends!
  • its at 900 , will it break $1k ?
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it will break a $1000....for sure.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Rick this one is a tough call.

If any non wrestling collectors go for it I could see it going in the $1,300 to $1,500 range. There is a buyer with the screen name Goombajoe that I could see coming in on this card. He owns the only PSA 10 Ric Flair I don't own and he bought the PSA 10 OPC Hogan too. This guy does not actively buy the Wrestling All Stars but seems to be more the type that wants premier cards and these fall into that category.

This is a very tough card.

Hulk just got a bid! $910 and this match is not over!

• kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I guess $1125. Beautiful card!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Half hour to go ... there are FIVE Bidders at $800.00 or above.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    This is the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle of wrestling cards.

The pool of buyers is much larger.

• Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Eat your vitamins, say your prayers...and bid high! My guess is $1200.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
    15 strong bidders and no clue how many watching might pull the trigger makes this impossible to predict.

This is a Pop 6 and with 2 in the Dpeck100 Wrestling All Stars collection it is really a Pop 4 so it is even more rare.

The clock is ticking!!

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>15 strong bidders and no clue how many watching might pull the trigger makes this impossible to predict.

This is a Pop 6 and with 2 in the Dpeck100 Wrestling All Stars collection it is really a Pop 4 so it is even more rare.

The clock is ticking!! >>

You are getting me interested in wrestling cards.

I loved Hulk Hogan as a kid.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
    There are tons from the sets that no one really cares about but Hogan is not one of them.

This is a major piece to a collection of 80's stars. Hulk Hogan was huge.

Michael Jordan, Hulk Hogan, Mike Tyson. Basically as big as you could get.

<< <i>You are getting me interested in wrestling cards. >>

It's the "Dpeck effect". He sprinkles MSG on them, scans them into a thread and before long - we're all wanting to pick up a Jimmy Superfly Snuka rookie. You won't even know what hit you.
    Jeff
    Good guess King!
    Jeff
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The one that PSA-GEMS is selling is 9 OC, however, it looks awfully short.

David what's the story with that one?

Good for you.
    No clue.

These are all different sizes. Many including myself have been getting MIN SIZE REQ grades as of late for non altered cards.

It looks to me as if the card was just positioned higher in the holder.

That would most likely be BGS 9 for sure but not a PSA 9.

It is no coincidence that a PSA 9 sold for more then a BGS 9.5.

PSA results speak for themselves.

• kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Big80s! I was right on the money! Nice sale Rick! I won the 84 Strawberry cello from you too tonight...nice auctions!!
    Excellent call!

Nice to see the Hogan card get the respect it deserves.

<< <i>Thanks Big80s! I was right on the money! Nice sale Rick! I won the 84 Strawberry cello from you too tonight...nice auctions!! >>

Did you actually win that Hulk auction? That would explain that guess of yours image Sweet card - whoever landed it.
    Jeff
    No he did not win it. I know who did and he is a legit buyer of very high end Wrestling All Stars cards.

<< <i>No he did not win it. I know who did and he is a legit buyer of very high end Wrestling All Stars cards. >>

You tease!
    Jeff
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    Bump
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
    Absolutely explosive finish!!!!!

$2,650 for the Hogan PSA 9.

This has been paid for.

The 82A set that sold tonight went for a strong price. These continue to get harder to win for buyers.

82A

Some of the cards look better then others.

The Andre, Hogan, and Flair look good from a far and single card scans would have been nice.

I would suspect some of these will end up graded for sure.

Something interesting happened this morning.

I knew the Pop on the Hogan was actually 8 in a PSA 9 as one had graded a PSA 9 twice and it appears that person must have sent in the old flip as there was an adjustment to the number this morning.

good news for you!
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I guess another flip must have been sent in. The Pop has now dropped to 7 in a PSA 9.

<< <i>I guess another flip must have been sent in. The Pop has now dropped to 7 in a PSA 9. >>

That is great news for you!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess another flip must have been sent in. The Pop has now dropped to 7 in a PSA 9. >>

That is great news for you!!! >>

Yes I would definately have to say it is. I have three and I know two board members who have one so that means there are only two out there floating around at the moment.

I am so pleased that I purchased the last one as I feel it is the best one I own and is a real stunner. I certainly realize not all mint cards will have near perfect centering but when you can get one that does they certainly present well.

• ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Scans, please.
    This is my best one.

This one is razor sharp and is just a little off side to side.

I have never been that crazy about this one. It came with the first set I bought for $200. I had it re holdered as some have the plastic sleeve that bunches in the front and I wanted it to match the others from the set.

image[/URL]
    The dip in the pop of Hogan was short lived. It went back to 8 a week or so ago and this morning jumped to 10. I get the feeling someone is playing the crack and re sub game looking for the elusive 10.

If history is any guide a Hogan will be coming up for auction soon.

I think there is a good chance that the one i used to own is now with another cert number....

<< <i>The dip in the pop of Hogan was short lived. It went back to 8 a week or so ago and this morning jumped to 10. I get the feeling someone is playing the crack and re sub game looking for the elusive 10.

If history is any guide a Hogan will be coming up for auction soon. >>

This is a bizarre. Now it is back to 8. I couldn't figure out how that many new 9's could have hit at the same time. No telling what is causing this.

Hogan

You don't see that many of these. This is a pretty cool item for the price it is at right now.

<< <i>Hogan

You don't see that many of these. This is a pretty cool item for the price it is at right now. >>

That would be a cool item signed.....
    The pop went right back up to 10 and now is back to 9. The Hogan PSA 10 remains elusive.

PSA 9

I get the feeling this is one of the cards that has been being re subbed a handful of times.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The pop went right back up to 10 and now is back to 9. The Hogan PSA 10 remains elusive.

PSA 9

I get the feeling this is one of the cards that has been being re subbed a handful of times. >>

I agree, hell if I could afford to buy it I would re sub it also..................but only after waiting a year or so.

Dpeck, I agree this is an iconic card, how does it compare to other iconic cards from the late 70's and early 80's considering production numbers scarsity, etc..., for example compared to a Ricky Henderson rookie or a Bird/Magic rookie? I really need to add a nice PSA8 example to my collection but I am worried I might have missed the boat since it has gained a ton of value the last couple of years. Thanks, BC
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

<< <i>

<< <i>The pop went right back up to 10 and now is back to 9. The Hogan PSA 10 remains elusive.

PSA 9

I get the feeling this is one of the cards that has been being re subbed a handful of times. >>

I agree, hell if I could afford to buy it I would re sub it also..................but only after waiting a year or so.

Dpeck, I agree this is an iconic card, how does it compare to other iconic cards from the late 70's and early 80's considering production numbers scarsity, etc..., for example compared to a Ricky Henderson rookie or a Bird/Magic rookie? I really need to add a nice PSA8 example to my collection but I am worried I might have missed the boat since it has gained a ton of value the last couple of years. Thanks, BC >>

There are a fraction of the number of Hogan's relative to the others you listed. At this time there are around 150 in the population totals from both PSA and BGS. The current PSA 9 listed has indeed been subbed a handful of times and the flips sent in but I am sure a number have not been on other examples that were regraded.

It is hard to make a comparison to some of those cards because there are just so many more in circulation so the ratio's look so much different.

I realize most on this board don't like wrestling cards and so much of the material I post is bothersome. The Hulk Hogan card is just different. It is by far one of the best trading cards ever. Easily one of the top cards from the 80's.

As I have pointed out these cards were distributed in cellophane packs only and I have busted lots of packs from the three series and thought I was going to score only to see corner issues once they were opened. There are certain cards from the sets that have more centering issues as well and the Hogan happens to be one making it a virtually impossible card in a 10.

I get the feeling that PSA wants to see one with perfect yellow borders. Many have a little white in them as the printing techniques used to make these cards were some of the lowest end at the time. In the past year I spoke with Jim Cornette a few times on the phone and he said Norman Keitzer was a penny pencher and used the cheapest methods possible.

On a longer term basis there is no doubt in my mind that a high end Hogan will hold its value. He is a pop culture icon and you can ask almost anyone if they know who he is and they do. The market for wrestling cards is small but this is the one card that anyone can own and not be embarrassed to say they have a wrestling card in their collection.

If this card is ever recognized in any of the card indexes the sky is the limit. We are approaching five years of active submissions to PSA and there has yet to be a 10 which says something. There are cards from the set that have yet to achieve a 9 and a few like the Rick Martel that are easily in the top most condition sensitive cards in the past 30 years.

It is hard to predict trading card prices but I know of two dealers that have standing $10,000 offers on a Hogan in a 10 so that is obviously why many have been trying to land one. Time will tell.

I don't think you can go wrong picking up a Hogan and the number being submitted has slowed to a crawl. There are just not that many more nice raw one's out there. The card has gotten into a trading range and is no longer really rising but we all know that out of no where trading cards can bust out and move higher once more.

This one listed is a great looking card so it will get some eyeballs for sure.

• KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching this auction. Just wanted to say that I like your posts, especially the wrestling.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

<< <i>I'll be watching this auction. Just wanted to say that I like your posts, especially the wrestling. >>

Thanks Knapp!

This card is going to be a dog fight. I have been contacted on EBAY by someone who wanted my opinion on the Flair PSA 10 when it popped up and ended up buying it and now this card.

It will be interesting to see where this one ends for sure.

It has been fun to watch and the snipers are not even out yet. I am wondering if it will pass the other high for a PSA 9 Hogan. Only a few more days......
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    This is fun to watch. I hope a PSA 10 comes up sometime in my lifetime.

<< <i>This is fun to watch. I hope a PSA 10 comes up sometime in my lifetime. >>

I hope to see a PSA 10 be auctioned off ebay style, that would be a lot of fun. The PSA 9 is approaching 2K and I have in my memory of selling my 9 for a grand total of $135 at one time. Ugh!