Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Matt's 1994 Pro Line Live Autographs And TTM Additions

Just wanted to share a link to my set. I have 133 of the 134 cards in 1994 Pro Line Live Autographs subset. I slabbed almost all the cards using Pro Tech mini slabs. There are some slabbed by PSA and one by BGS. I arranged the cards according to Beckett (alphabetical order).

I just finished uploading the last seven cards. I actually had the cards sitting around raw for the past 6 months. My old desktop took a dump and I lost my flip file. I lost all my info and couldn't remember the dimensions, the font, the border size or even the program I used. I finally sat down today and after much trial and error, I got the flips back to how they should look.

The Rod Bernstine card is the only one left to find. He was kind enough to do a ttm for me and it will have to do till I find an original. The ttm is in slot #11.

The manufacturer auto set is in the Pro Tech slabs and the TTM additions are in the one screws.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Pro Line

edit: fix link

Comments

• Some great players in that set, thanks for showing them.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Very cool and nice display.

"Molon Labe"

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Have you seen one of the Rod Bernstine cards come up for sale in the last 5 years or so? I will check around in Ohio and see if someone has one. I have no idea what it is worth so what would the Bernstine card go for?

-Brendan
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Matt - Congrats, it's great to finally see the completed project (minus the Bernstein of course). I'll keep an eye out for that one on some of the other boards.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have you seen one of the Rod Bernstine cards come up for sale in the last 5 years or so? I will check around in Ohio and see if someone has one. I have no idea what it is worth so what would the Bernstine card go for?

-Brendan >>

I personally have never seen one on ebay. Gumbyfan told me he saw one once. I think he said it sold for $30ish if I'm remembering correctly. The card is listed on Beckett at $15.00 with a print run of 1010.

Thanks for looking for me. I appreciate that Brendan.

<< <i>Nice Butts. >>

My girls saw that card today and died laughing image
  • Congrats on becoming one of the 99 percenters.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    Matt, I'll bet those 7 cards that were sitting around were here on your dresser with your gourds and your 8x10 photo of Bobby Brady:

That was actually my tv cabinet Tom.

Technically you're correct though. The 7 cards were in my dresser drawer that happens to be covered by piles of cards and extra toploaders image
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    That's one hellova set! How/where do you pull the autos? Do they come in packs or only sets?

<< <i>That's one hellova set! How/where do you pull the autos? Do they come in packs or only sets? >>

They were pack pulls distributed 1-2 per box. Mostly 1 per box though.
  • Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! image
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice Set Matt, some nice star power in that set.
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to redo your math. You have it more than 99% complete. You actually have it 99.25373134328358208955223880597% complete.

Get your facts straight, man!

Shane

• DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Very cool set! Thanks for sharing!

<< <i>You need to redo your math. You have it more than 99% complete. You actually have it 99.25373134328358208955223880597% complete.

Get your facts straight, man! >>

That's funny Shane. Believe it or not, I actually had 99.25373134328358....in the original title but decided to edit it before I posted image
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Awesome set, cool website you used.
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>You need to redo your math. You have it more than 99% complete. You actually have it 99.25373134328358208955223880597% complete.

Get your facts straight, man! >>

That's funny Shane. Believe it or not, I actually had 99.25373134328358....in the original title but decided to edit it before I posted image >>

Ahhh, self-editing. An underused talent around these parts.

Seriously, congrats on that great set!!
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great action shots and the auto's fit really well into the overall design. This project must have taken a long time to complete. Are the backs different from the regular set or are they akin to the UD backs which basically certify the card is an auto.

-Nathanael

<< <i>Great action shots and the auto's fit really well into the overall design. This project must have taken a long time to complete. Are the backs different from the regular set or are they akin to the UD backs which basically certify the card is an auto.

-Nathanael >>

The backs are different. The base cards are just like any other card with stats and another pic on the reverse.

Funny story about this subject. I won a 94 Pro Line Live Autographs Brett Favre on ebay about 3 years ago. Once I became serious about putting the whole set together , I began slabbing them. I got to the Favre card it looked funny. The surface was rough and kinda bumpy.

The guy that I won it from penned a fake Favre auto on a base card, separated the front from the back and glued the back of a certified auto card on it. The rough surface was from the glue underneath the surface. I most likely would have missed it if I wasn't sitting next to a bright window at the time. He did a good job lol.

The back of the auto cards from the set look like this:

Added a few ttm's to the set. Ben Coates personalized the card to my wife because I used her address label for the return address haaa.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I think Tonya may know Ben better than you think. Are any of the girls able to drop passes consistently over the middle ? If So, you should be worried.

Added a bunch of TTM additions today starting at slot #135. I have more to do but can't stand to look at photoshop any longer. My eyes feel like crossing.

link
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not opening this thread again until it has something to do with IHOP or craigslist.
    Added John Alt today. This guy is awesome! Round trip, the card was only gone 6 days!

Set: link

Been a Long time since I updated this thread. My interest in it was stirred when I received two ttm's I sent out back in January 2011. Three years later I received Ken Harvey and Cris Dishman. It's always nice to get a return no matter how long it takes.

I also received Willie Roaf but that was a while back and I just never updated the thread.

Here's the link to my album. The newest additions are the last three cards.

album link
  • MrKnowthanxMrKnowthanx Posts: 322 ✭✭
    WOW! That album is amazing. What a gorgeous set when they are signed. How long have you been working on it? I have been thinking of trying a TTM auto set, but am scurred image

<< <i>WOW! That album is amazing. What a gorgeous set when they are signed. How long have you been working on it? I have been thinking of trying a TTM auto set, but am scurred image >>

Thanks! I do love the color and design of the cards as well. Very eye appealing.

I fell in love with the set when it was first released in 1994. I bought two boxes at a local show and was hooked. My main goal back then was to get all the Dallas Cowboy autos ( Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, etc).

I didn't actually start putting the manufacturer auto subset together until 2006. I was able to complete that with the exception of one card, Mr Rod Bernstine. I got the idea to send him a card ttm which he graciously signed for me. It will take the place of the manufacturer auto that has eluded me until I find one. That pretty much gave me the idea to try and complete the rest of the set ttm, which I started in 2010.

I'm getting the itch to send out another batch of ttm's. I have a good amount out right now but am resigned to the fact that they won't be returned.

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Matt ... so if you now have all of that set complete, what's your next goal?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Matt ... so if you now have all of that set complete, what's your next goal? >>

Well the "manufacturer autos" are pretty much complete with the exception of Rod Bernstine.

Now I'm working on the base set. I'm getting ttm's on all the cards from the set not originally included in the auto subset.

• << <i>Just wanted to share a link to my set. I have 133 of the 134 cards in 1994 Pro Line Live Autographs subset. I slabbed almost all the cards using Pro Tech mini slabs. There are some slabbed by PSA and one by BGS. I arranged the cards according to Beckett (alphabetical order).

I just finished uploading the last seven cards. I actually had the cards sitting around raw for the past 6 months. My old desktop took a dump and I lost my flip file. I lost all my info and couldn't remember the dimensions, the font, the border size or even the program I used. I finally sat down today and after much trial and error, I got the flips back to how they should look.

The Rod Bernstine card is the only one left to find. He was kind enough to do a ttm for me and it will have to do till I find an original. The ttm is in slot #11.

The manufacturer auto set is in the Pro Tech slabs and the TTM additions are in the one screws.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Pro Line

edit: fix link >>

that is one amazing collection ! 1994 Pro Line boxes do not exist on ebay
  • DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    I've loved browsing your collection the past couple of days. Awesome stuff!
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    Today's addition, Andy Harmon.

• Amazingly peanuty!

<< <i>Amazingly peanuty! >>

Crunchy style!

• << <i>

<< <i>Amazingly peanuty! >>

Crunchy style! >>

Alright, settle down, PSY.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Matt ... was Harmon a TTM?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam Matt, I forgot you had this collection going! Nice to see you still gaining ground on it, I told you this before and I will say it again these are gorgeous looking cards!

Oh Ive said this before too and I will say it again........................HI MATT image

<< <i>WTG Matt ... was Harmon a TTM? >>

Yep, sure was. It was another one that I sent out 2 plus years ago and just received. It's the second one I have received in the past week that's over two years old.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the NFL draft and the start of team workouts that got the players in the mood.
    Thanks Paul! Great to see you image
    Last few day's haul. All ebay purchases but I'll take em.

I'll add them to my online album once I get more one screws

• DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    This is a very ambitious project you've been working on and it's a blast to look through.
    Thanks Dan! Lots more to go but it's sure been a fun process.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Great thread Matt and congrats on the latest pickups even if you cheated by getting them on eBay, LOL.

Good luck if you start on the TTM's again!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

<< <i>Great thread Matt and congrats on the latest pickups even if you cheated by getting them on eBay, LOL.
    >>

I know. I feel so dirty lol!
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    How many more do you need?