Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michael Jordan Auto Game Used card eBay auction

If the auction sale actually goes through, this will be an unbreakable record for any game used autograph card.

Jordan Game Used Auto Card

Comments

• Options
    Did Jordan die or something?
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Let's see ... if the card stays where it is, you can either have that Jordan OR

a 1951 Bowman PSA "7" Mantle AND
    a 1952 Topps PSA "6" Mantle.

Is there really a choice?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    This THE card for most Jordan collectors besides his 1986-87 Fleer. It was done in the early days of jersey cards when they were really hard to find. The price is crazy but with this card being limited, not surprising.
  • Options
    never trust a description whenever you read several paragraphs of ALL CAPS ONLY text ...especially, when they go multicolor as well...

MULTI COLOR + ALL CAPS TEXT + HONUS WAGNER COMPARISION = SCARY
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    There is a lot of attempted price manipulation going on with mid 90's inserts and such. Lots of people driving up bids for friends and forum friends and the sales never go through.

THe basketball card side has an sleazy underbelly.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    "YOU'LL ALSO NOTICE THE UNIQUE ROUNDED CORNERS OF THIS SCARCE CARD, WITCH WAS A GENIUS IDEA FOR THE FIRST EVER CARD OF THIS MAGNITUDE!!!!"

rounded corners = genius?
  • Options
    I just had back surgery.

My back surgery has just been undone.

That is this jordan card selling.

Didn't the last one fetch like 43k or some STUPID STUPID number?
  • Options
    For that coin at least give me his Bulls jersey and a clean sig geez
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options
    This card is a monster and actually does bring money like this. Hard to imagine for the vintage folks I know.
  • Options
    That is insane. Its just a piece of cloth and a signature. I would happily spend my money on a real investment like a Mantle PSA 7 - if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw around which I'm sure the buyer does. Crazy!
  • Options
    You can buy a game used Michael Jordan jersey for that price. However, to Master Michael Jordan collectors, this is the card to own.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is insane. Its just a piece of cloth and a signature. I would happily spend my money on a real investment like a Mantle PSA 7 - if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw around which I'm sure the buyer does. Crazy! >>

The Mantle PSA 7 is just a piece of cardboard with a picture inside a bunch of plastic. image

Shane

• Options
    ha! Thats true. I knew someone was gonna come back with that - but the Mantle is a piece of American History!
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Just imagine if there was a bit of red cloth in the swatch!!?! Might've been a 45k card.

One man's trash...
  • Options
    I near guarantee that guy bought the card for less than $5k when it was pulled. Nice investment for 10 years. 600%
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    a certain someone was taking the regular jersey cards and signing and numbering them, this one is real (see back scan) but i wonder if a certain someone goes back to his old tricks and pumps out a couple.
  • Options
    It's worth pointing out that this card is FAR more scarce than any of Mickey Mantle's regular Topps and Bowman issues. Also, IMO, Michael Jordan is bigger to basketball collecting than Mantle is to baseball collecting.

Having said that, I'm still shocked at how much this card seems to be selling for.
  • Options

. Also, IMO, Michael Jordan is bigger to basketball collecting than Mantle is to baseball collecting.

Basketball took the world by storm in the nineties. MJ is still in the minds of many people to this day and I've found the younger generations still sport his clothing and such. He is still highly marketable, worldwide. In the world of advertisement and marketing,Jordan is current, Mantle is not.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Jordan also did way more for basketball than Mantle ever did for baseball. image