Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1988 Donruss Ray Knight error?

Just noticed this 1988 Donruss Ray Knight scar error on Ebay. Is it legit? If it is, I guess lots of us will be looking thru 1988 Donruss commons! Scar error

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just noticed this 1988 Donruss Ray Knight scar error on Ebay. Is it legit? If it is, I guess lots of us will be looking thru 1988 Donruss commons! Scar error >>

Looks like some nice BIC artwork to me. You'd think if this was a legit error, it would have surfaced by now. I'm calling BS.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure it is the same guy selling it but this card has been on ebay forever and if I remember correctly, when it was on there before they wanted a several hundred for it. I, like most people, have seen their fair share of 88 Donruss cards and I have never seen one with the so called neck scar.
  • Options
    Kinda thought it was fake, but would like to know for sure. Little hard to believe an error would pop up 22 years later, but stranger things have happened!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The line looks like the result of a piece of hair landing on the printing press. It might be more of a print defect. Still, it's an interesting find.

<< <i>Little hard to believe an error would pop up 22 years later, but stranger things have happened! >>

Just look up the thread on this forum on the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF error and it's recently discovered "neighbors".
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Are those three different cards or is the third pic supposed to highlight the "scar?"
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    It's only an error in my book if there are actually more than one. It looks to me like a printing flaw and not an actually error that was printed in some quantity
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set