Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Apologies

have been asked by carol to address 4 things..

#1 - my former CU ID was CardsForMS. i have now asked that is be changed to osocards, i am not trying to hide who i am

#2 - i do not owe any member $100. to raise money for a car, i was selling my autographed Magic Johnson SI. A member bought it from me, but let me keep the magazine. i did not lie, i did not steal, it was a gift given to me by another collector.

#3 - The Frank Hayes card. it is now in the hands of PSA/DNA, they are going to correct their mistake, and they have compinsated my for the card.

#4 - The secret Santa. the 1st package i send did not get to my person. i was getting another package ready when i got banned from PSA for comments i made about the frank hayes card. I was not able to contact my secret santa person. i now have everything in order, and that will be taken care of this week.

I am just a normal collector, and i would like to be a part of this community again.

Brian

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay Brian. I will drop it as long as you make good on your gift

Matt
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Do you need your recipients info again?

• << <i>Do you need your recipients info again? >>

yes please, that would be great.. thanks
  • Did you ever collect any money with your former signature, which was a "donate" to help find a cure for MS and was a link to your Pay Pal account?

If you did, have you refunded such money or can you provide receipts of where such funds went?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I would say Brian that this song has been sung many times in my 3 year tenure. Likewise, "second chances" have been given to many individuals, most of which seem to fail round 2.

I'm not going to ask you to refrain from posting, but do know that the slightest indiscretion will tarnish any chances of new found credibility you may desire.

All you can do is be a thoughtful compliment to the board, and if you maintain that level of taste and honesty, you'll be fine in the long run.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

• << <i>#3 - The Frank Hayes card. it is now in the hands of PSA/DNA, they are going to correct their mistake, and they have compinsated my for the card. >>

That is what ws offered by PSA to start with but you insisted on making it a bigger matter here and net54.

You were given $100 after your sob story about your car wreck and need for a down payment. I apperantly was the only one that noticed that you spent $150 later that night for a card on eBay and no the card was not of a guy named "Car Wreck".

• << <i>Did you ever collect any money with your former signature, which was a "donate" to help find a cure for MS and was a link to your Pay Pal account?

If you did, have you refunded such money or can you provide receipts of where such funds went? >>

no donations were ever collected
  • BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see youy backimage

• << <i>no donations were ever collected >>

Would you like me or another forum user to post a link to the net54 thread where you said you did receive Paypal donations?

• << <i>

<< <i>#3 - The Frank Hayes card. it is now in the hands of PSA/DNA, they are going to correct their mistake, and they have compinsated my for the card. >>

That is what ws offered by PSA to start with but you insisted on making it a bigger matter here and net54.

You were given $100 after your sob story about your car wreck and need for a down payment. I apperantly was the only one that noticed that you spent $150 later that night for a card on eBay and no the card was not of a guy named "Car Wreck". >>

please just stop reading my posts.. you tried to slam me onteh 54 boards, but that did not work.. just lay off will ya?

• << <i>please just stop reading my posts.. you tried to slam me onteh 54 boards, but that did not work.. just lay off will ya? >>

There wree 50 people ahead of me on that thread before I ever even read it.

<< <i>

<< <i>no donations were ever collected >>

Would you like me or another forum user to post a link to the net54 thread where you said you did receive Paypal donations? >>

I would like to see that Bill
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>You were given $100 after your sob story about your car wreck and need for a down payment. I apperantly was the only one that noticed that you spent $150 later that night for a card on eBay >>

If thats true, thats a real shame and I feel sorry for you, but frankly I feel sorry for every other person that is sincere in their need for help, as the doubt alone about what you did with the $100 I gave you (and yes I just gave you $100, never having any interest in your Magic signed SI, but frankly, feeling bad for your incredible bad luck) along with the $150 donation to the erinstubby widow's fund, that apparantly was also a hoax, has absolutely soured me from EVER giving anyone another dime on these boards.

I am as generous a person as you will ever meet, and am very blessed through HARD work and long hours to be afforded alot, and frankly, I am so pi$$ed off right now, that people like: (yourself, erinstubby, gary, etc) has ruined what should be a genrous kind act, through your scamming and unscroupulous activities. Noone will ever know what you truly did with that money, but frankly, to post a need for money so you can put a deposit down on a car, and then turn around and purchase a $150 card later that night, creates enough doubt in my mind to warrant this post.

I am not sure why you were let back into this forum, you have done nothing but lied, cheat and stolen!

<< <i>

<< <i>You were given $100 after your sob story about your car wreck and need for a down payment. I apperantly was the only one that noticed that you spent $150 later that night for a card on eBay >>

If thats true, thats a real shame and I feel sorry for you, but frankly I feel sorry for every other person that is sincere in their need for help, as the doubt alone about what you did with the $100 I gave you (and yes I just gave you $100, never having any interest in your Magic signed SI, but frankly, feeling bad for your incredible bad luck) along with the $150 donation to the erinstubby widow's fund, that apparantly was also a hoax, has absolutely soured me from EVER giving anyone another dime on these boards.

I am as generous a person as you will ever meet, and am very blessed through HARD work and long hours to be afforded alot, and frankly, I am so pi$$ed off right now, that people like: (yourself, erinstubby, gary, etc) has ruined what should be a genrous kind act, through your scamming and unscroupulous activities. Noone will ever know what you truly did with that money, but frankly, to post a need for money so you can put a deposit down on a car, and then turn around and purchase a $150 card later that night, creates enough doubt in my mind to warrant this post.

I am not sure why you were let back into this forum, you have done nothing but lied, cheat and stolen! >>

That was a nice thing to do on your part matt. You could of used that $100 to buy more Paul o'Neil cards
  • Hey osocards,

Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt and I don't know you from Adam, which means that you and I have a clean slate. That said, you addressed four items in your lead post, per Carol's request (a real sweetheart, by the way), but is there any validity to the claim that you purchased a $150 card on or about the time you were in need of cash for new wheels? Nevermind the charitable solicitations, as it matters not to me. You've been given a second chance, and a little candor could win you a great deal of support -- starting with me.

Best regards,

Scout
    Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks in a uniform PSA 3 (NQ)

psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=223023&ac=1
  • Matt,

i did not scam you.. what teh trouble maker is failing to say is that i sold the card i bought for $150 for $110. i sold it and lost money because it was an impulse buy that i could not afford.

I bought the card before you gave me the money, and i did not use the money you gave me for the card.
    i did indeed use the money you gave me for a car.. i got a 1998 Toyota for $1000 i paid cash for the car so i would bot have payments
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    100!
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

Welcome back and thanks for stepping up and helping me out when I needed to hire someone to get me a Magic Johnson signature on my rookie card. Our deal was prompt, per instructions, and executed to my satisfaction.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • thanks for the kind word Mike

<< <i>

Would you like me or another forum user to post a link to the net54 thread where you said you did receive Paypal donations? >>

Just went over the thread and I can't find anything on that (Of course I could have missed it). There has been some editing going on there but can't remember what was there before the edits.

Only thing I find remotely close was someone questioning him what makes me wonder is why when you go to donate to m.s. through your acct over at the cu board it goes to your paypal acct???? what the heck is that!!! explain this??? and don't think I saw an answer to that question either.

• << <i>

<< <i>

I would like to see that Bill >>

I would also like to see the link. If this is true, then it is likely an interstate felony has been committed. I have been a board member on two different charities, and I would have NEVER asked to have money sent to my Pay Pal account. It you have not filed the correct paperwork, it is possible (likely) a state law was committed for just soliciting.

Do not misunderstand....this is very serious.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.

• << <i>and don't think I saw an answer to that question either. >>

That's because it was never answered. He also changed the "donation" percentages on his for sale items a few times.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: YIKES

( again )
    I would also like a link
  • you guys are crazy. in a funny way.. no money was ever collected..

• << <i>#1 being up front on who you are and apoligizing is commendable in my book, however reading this post I see there are a few members that are NOT happy with their dealings with you. >>

He was only upfront after we figured out who he was (check the 88/89 Fleer basketball thread).
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    well paint me blue and let my chickens lay eggs
  • I digress. Happy collecting.

Did I win yet?
    I'm sorry this happened to us

<< <i>you guys are crazy. in a funny way.. no money was ever collected.. >>

You sure about that??

I can't wait for latest spin after seeing that..LOL
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I knew I saw that, I thought I was going crazy!! Good work Jeff.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You sure about that??

image >>

Yikes image
    Is that what they call a smoking gun?

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>

You sure about that??

image >>

WOW
  • Welcome to the 21st Century and the Digital Paper Trail!
  • i think i missed something.. what am i suposed to be answering?
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Let's see if I have this right.

osocards needed $100 to buy a car and took a donation from a valued member here rather than part with some of his own cards (per his old sig line) to finance his purchase?

1887 Allen & Ginter Set - 8/50 - 16%
    1948 Bowman Set - 16/48 - 33%

He advertises to donate to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis and the link goes to his PayPal account. That's a new one.

He has a Frank Hayes autographed card that he knew was not legit but was going to sell it on eBay anyway.

He's stated he's sent his Santa gift 3 times.

He can't spell.

Does that cover it?

"Molon Labe"

<< <i>i think i missed something.. what am i suposed to be answering? >>

I think you should just give up.

• << <i>

<< <i>i think i missed something.. what am i suposed to be answering? >>

I think you should just give up. >>

best thing i heard all day.. !

• << <i>Let's see if I have this right.

osocards needed $100 to buy a car and took a donation from a valued member here rather than part with some of his own cards (per his old sig line) to finance his purchase?

He advertises to donate to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis and the link goes to his PayPal account. That's a new one.

He has a Frank Hayes autographed card that he knew was not legit but was going to sell it on eBay anyway.

He can't spell.

Does that cover it? >>

Add a few denials and I think you have it covered.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Let's see if I have this right.

He can't spell.

Does that cover it? >>

I believe you probably missed something and I have become more disgusted. I'm so sorry I saw this thread.

Brian
    You were supposed to answer your post in this thread in which you stated
    you never collected any monies for MS thru your paypal account.

On January 6th in reply to me and Martyq over at net 54 YOU said all monies ever collected
    through said PP acct. were sent to MS.

Jeff Barfvader has copied and pasted your net 54 reply.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>i think i missed something.. what am i suposed to be answering? >>

You know when people get caught in a web of lies they usually just go away, not continue to act like nothing is wrong. I don't imagine you would provide me your full name and address so I can look into state and local charity laws? You have nothing to hide right?
    On your way out, at least mail out your santa gift. I pm'd you the info again

Thanks

• << <i>

You sure about that??

image >>

Ironically enough, the proof really is in the pudding.

How sad.
This discussion has been closed.