Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pujols Rookie Autograph Mystery....how many really exist?

This on-card auto could only be obtained through Fleer's Exchange Program (a redemption card)....

It was once believed that 300 of the 799 serial numbered cards were autographed... but the infrequency this card comes up, makes it seem like there is less then 300....

Only 25 cards have been graded by PSA, but 146 (29% of the estimated 500) Pujols Bowman Chromes have been graded...estimating that 29% of the Fleer Legacy have been graded, you come up with 85 total cards issued....

Some sellers advertise this card as only having 60 copies....

Interestingly, there is not a clear break between the signed and unsigned versions as it appears Fleer sent Pujols random serial numbered cards to autograph....

The supply of this card did not increase when Fleer went Bankrupt, making it unlikely they had unredeemed cards in the vault...

Fleer Legacy went Live July 2001, and the redemptions expired jan 31, 2001....so you see the window to obtain one of these was small....

I guess Pujols himself is the only one who really knows how many he signed....

This one is a recent edition to the Fandango Collection...

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    what do they go for? Did u see the trimmed bowman chrome on ebay a few days ago?
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    they go for about $1G....

any fleer insiders on this board have more info?
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Fleer Legacy went Live July 2001, and the redemptions expired jan 31, 2001....so you see the window to obtain one of these was small....

>>

That's pretty small, indeed!
  • Options
    Fleer had a lot of short deadlines...the price you pay for On-Card Autos....Too bad Fleer went out, because they had a lot of ON-CARD autos unlike Donruss who were sticker auto fanatics...

its cheaper for the Card companies to do stickers, and they get away with it, even i high end products....i hate sticker autos....i dont buy anything after 2001..."modern" is not for me...

especially in redemptions...how can you justify sticker autos from redemptions?? Donruss did it extensively in 2001..

im all for ON-CARD AUTO's, which includes the 2001 fleer showcase sweet sigs cards....

notice the Donruss is the only sticker auto...
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a nice collection of Pujols auto's. My birthday is January 7th! image

Shane

• Options
    Shane, i never did compensate you for the avatar...whats the going rate?
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shane, i never did compensate you for the avatar...whats the going rate? >>

Oh, let's see.... a Pujols auto of your choice! image

Shane

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...i dont buy anything after 2001..."modern" is not for me...

.. >>

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man thats a sweet collection. is that yours
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    How do you tell the difference in an auto version and a regular that someone signed themselves if they just sent him random numbers?
  • Options
    the auto version has AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPH in light grey type behind the auto..that is the only difference....serial numbering on this issue is random...
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Man thats a sweet collection. is that yours >>

No, Its actually mine. Me and fandango send scans back and forth to each other all the time.

However, the BGS junk is his

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Man thats a sweet collection. is that yours >>

No, Its actually mine. Me and fandango send scans back and forth to each other all the time.

However, the BGS junk is his

image >>

ya, i might give those BGS cards the "lawnmowerman treatment".....they look so much better in the PSA SLAB's...

as they say, you live and you learn....
  • Options
    well, now many more FAKES EXIST.....50 fakes and counting, someome keeps pumping these out....

by the way, the one I posted is the real version...

friggin fleer had to go bankrupt and sell all their stuff out the back door! damn them!
  • Options
    I thought only 100 redemptions existed and were inserted into packs. Later they changed their mind and allowed collectors who had Serial numbers up to around 300 send their card in to get signed also. I remember mine was just over 300 so I couldn't get it signed.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Fandango...that is an AMAZING collection, but you are right, fleer did you NO favor selling off their extra stuff after they went
    down. Today you have to question ANY fleer autograph. I used to email Lloyd Pawlek back and forth, but he is long
    gone.

Kevin
  • Options
    The same goes for fake Star Pics and Proline autos. Stay far away from them unless you actually buy a pack, box, or set and pull it yourself!
  • Options
    Another fake. Said he pulled it from a box-

ebay auction
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this one legit PSA 9 Pujols auto ?

Robb
  • Options

<< <i>Is this one legit PSA 9 Pujols auto ?

Robb >>

No...
  • Options
    I heard the redemption were offered skip numbered, at random, 1st 300. Which is it?

Heard the cards had a feel away sticker that if removed made the redemption no longer valid. True? I think I have seen one. Anyone have a pic?

Beckett says the 1st 300 were offered as redeemable.

"The 2001 Fleer Legacy product was released in mid-July, 2001 and featured a 105-card base set that was broken into tiers as follows: Base Veterans (1-90) and Prospects (91-105) that are individually serial numbered to 799. Please note that the first 300 serial-numbered cards of Albert Pujols packed out as exchange cards for a copy actually signed by Pujols. Card number 98 does not exist. Each box contained 15 packs with five cards per pack."
    imageimageimage